Nhp

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesharpe

It would appear that Nevada Highway Patrol is now ALL provoice. In fact there are now very few transmissions in the Nevada Shared System that are still in analog.

sigint1

Was: joking
It would appear that Nevada Highway Patrol is now ALL provoice. In fact there are now very few transmissions in the Nevada Shared System that are still in analog.

If you are in the Reno area they use the Washoe County EDACS system and you hardly hear them on the NSRS - I am listening to them right now with no problem.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber

Where did you hear that or figure it out? I have noticed some odd sounds lately so maybe that is what I have heard.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
If you are in the Reno area they use the Washoe County EDACS system and you hardly hear them on the NSRS - I am listening to them right now with no problem.

I can confirm they are on the NSRS in Clark County. Not sure about NYE or Lincoln? Last time I was in Lincoln Co.( a few months ago) the NHP was still on NSRS. I haven't been to NYE in a long time.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Elko Dispatch (most of Northern Nevada) is on NSRS. I hear them every week as I drive back and forth between UT and CA.

The transmissions sound analog to me. CHP uses digital extenders that are easy to identify since they sound like Stephen Hawking.

Last edited:

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Here in Ely, there is no traffic at all on the Nevada Shared System except some EMS channels and provoice talkgroups in the 10-xxx range.

I have noticed a lack of NHP radio traffic in Pershing and Humbolt County... maybe you're on to something.

Lander, Elko are definitely all NSRS.

I'll be driving I-80 UT to CA I-80 again Thursday, I'll check that out.

X

xts3000r

I am in Reno I have them on the Washoe system. In Analog no pv

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
I was in Reno and Elko a week ago today and picked up EDACS just fine. There's a dead area (though it may be just nobody actually talking) between Fernley and Winnemucca. (I heard no chatter, but also saw no actual troopers that day).

For those of you in the Reno area talking about Washoe system, does that also cover Pershing County? I've not programmed that on my radio since I don't drive in that county.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Rumor squashed, at least for now. Had me worried a bit - I use the scanner as additional (and very useful) countermeasure across I-80.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
I was in Reno and Elko a week ago today and picked up EDACS just fine. There's a dead area (though it may be just nobody actually talking) between Fernley and Winnemucca. (I heard no chatter, but also saw no actual troopers that day).

For those of you in the Reno area talking about Washoe system, does that also cover Pershing County? I've not programmed that on my radio since I don't drive in that county.

Washeo Countys system does not cover Pershing county as far as I can tell on I-80 but if you can get close to Pyramid Lake you may be able to hear the Virginia Peak, Marble Bluff, Fox Mountain or Poito Valley (Empire) sites from what I can see on the map.

com501

With the exception of Eagle and Virg Pk, NHP is not simulcast in Patrick, Poito, Marble, Fox, Toulon, or any rural area unless an EDACS radio has affiliated with the site using one of those talk groups in the past few hours. This is to prevent multple microwave sites from being tied up with non-essential traffic. Some of those sites may only have 3-5 voice paths for ALL users.

There is a good chance, that while driving through Pershing County on I80, if there is no NHP or other agency with a radio TG on the NHP system turned on, you aren't going to hear anything.

Your best bet to hear any traffic you are interested in is to have a valid LID and a radio assignment on the system, of course, if you had that, you 'd be working........

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
With the exception of Eagle and Virg Pk, NHP is not simulcast in Patrick, Poito, Marble, Fox, Toulon, or any rural area unless an EDACS radio has affiliated with the site using one of those talk groups in the past few hours. This is to prevent multple microwave sites from being tied up with non-essential traffic. Some of those sites may only have 3-5 voice paths for ALL users.

There is a good chance, that while driving through Pershing County on I80, if there is no NHP or other agency with a radio TG on the NHP system turned on, you aren't going to hear anything.

Your best bet to hear any traffic you are interested in is to have a valid LID and a radio assignment on the system, of course, if you had that, you 'd be working........

Thanks - yeah, the UCAN system in Utah works the same way. I noticed a new site (Star Peak) in the database that I've not noticed before. I've just added it to my system.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Confirming EDACS is alive and well in northern Nevada. Just drove through there Thursday and heard Elko and Reno dispatch the entire length of interstate 80

sigint1

Was: joking
Confirming EDACS is alive and well in northern Nevada. Just drove through there Thursday and heard Elko and Reno dispatch the entire length of interstate 80

Just for info you were hearing Carson City Dispatch not Reno - there is no NHP dispatch center in Reno

Status
Not open for further replies.