Buzzing on Nevada Shared System

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Nsrs

On BOTH my HP-1 AND my 396XT, I hear loud bursts of "buzzing" on Reno and Las Vegas law channels.

Anybody else hear this and know what's up?

Are you using the rrdb freqs for that? Is the buzzing happening on a certain freq? It may be possible you have an old freq in there which is now part of some other system. I had that happen as the rebanding was done. Try to hold on it and see if that's the case.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
I also have heard the buzzing sound I think you are describing on some of the NHP patch TG's as well.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
So are these patches Pro-Voice?

I don't think it has anything to do with pro-voice and I am not sure any TG's on the NSRS/WCTS use it. I think it has something to do with the connection between the radio and the repeater/site it is using. From some Google searching it sounds like the users even get it sometimes.

Just a guess though...

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
In unitrunker, I'm seeing (also hearing) A LOT more data bursts. maybe testing or programming spare radios for New Years' ?

com501

Most NSRS radios have dynamic regrouping. What you are hearing is the regroup command. Sometimes certain radio channels are cross patched because of different console operators needing access, or a different dispatch center is doing something. They can also OTAP but that is not used very often as it ties up a lot of resources. Occasionally a radio users radio may not mute that traffic, depending upon scan status and channel they are locked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.