NHP Command Boundary Map - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I've been searching off and on for a couple of years for an updated version of this. The last one I came across was in a 2008 report on public safety. Since then the boundaries and names of the commands have changed. No matter how much searching I did I just could not find a newer version. I decided to click on "contracting services" and found the map there. You would think they would put it under the "headquarters and commands" tab, but such is not the case.

Anyway, if any of you have been looking for this, here is a link:

http://nhp.nv.gov/NHPCommands.pdf

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Good finds, thanks for sharing! I was curious about the NHP command areas so the first post helped a lot. I think it may need to be updated slightly as for the last two or three months the Lovelock troops have been switching to "Elko Air" eastbound west of Lovelock, around the Trinity Rest Stop just off of I80 (US 95S towards Fallon) and switching back to RN2/3 when westbound. They used to just stay on RN2/RN3 until just east of Lovelock like the map says.

Just something small I noticed! ;) :)

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Just drove through Nevada I-80 CA to UT this evening.

Going Westbound I-80, for dispatch, ELKO 1 covers Utah border to Carlin, from there it switches to ELKO 2 all the way to Lovelock. West of Lovelock becomes RENO 3 to about Fernley (a very short run compared to the rest). Not sure about I-80 within the Reno metro area. (I actually rarely see troopers in the Lovelock to Fernley stretch)

Most of the NHP stations in the map are referred by the troopers as a substation. "sub". I presume they are not manned 24/7.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
The other thing about northern Nevada. If you get in trouble, wreck, stuck, etc, you may have to wait hours for someone to come assist.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Just drove through Nevada I-80 CA to UT this evening.

Going Westbound I-80, for dispatch, ELKO 1 covers Utah border to Carlin, from there it switches to ELKO 2 all the way to Lovelock. West of Lovelock becomes RENO 3 to about Fernley (a very short run compared to the rest). Not sure about I-80 within the Reno metro area. (I actually rarely see troopers in the Lovelock to Fernley stretch)

Most of the NHP stations in the map are referred by the troopers as a substation. "sub". I presume they are not manned 24/7.
Reno-Sparks is RN1 from the CA State line(s) until I80 MM32 (USA Parkway), then they go to RN2/3. RN2 starts around the Bowers Mansion bridge on the new I580 at the start of Washoe Valley and around Virginia City on 341.

Last edited:

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
I should have also put that RN2 covers the NV side of Tahoe (28, 50, 431) and goes to CA state line south by Topaz Lake.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the helpful information. I have changed the text in my scanner programs for northern Nevada and used information relative to Las Vegas to change text for my southern Nevada program. The one area that remains unclear is the southern portion of the Northern East Command. What talkgroups are used in the Ely area? What talkgroups are used on U.S. 50 east of Carson City, through Austin and on to Ely?

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the helpful information. I have changed the text in my scanner programs for northern Nevada and used information relative to Las Vegas to change text for my southern Nevada program. The one area that remains unclear is the southern portion of the Northern East Command. What talkgroups are used in the Ely area? What talkgroups are used on U.S. 50 east of Carson City, through Austin and on to Ely?

I hear NHP all the time on ELKO 2 on US 50, and I heard a semi-truck crash called in ELKO 1 near Currie, which is near Ely (sort of). Seems to me I hear "Ely" called out often - though I mentally dismiss anything not on I-80. I'll take some notes on my run westbound on Thursday. (I also capture all audio using a dashcam).

IDCowboy1

NHP also tends to combine Elko 1 and 2 during the night when they occasionally run with only one dispatcher. They also tend to not use certain sites when there are no patrols in that area. One example of this is the Contact site. If they don't have anyone running along 93 from Wells to Jackpot, you won't hear a peep out of that place. On a sidenote, ECSO has been utilizing NSRS a lot more lately. They've moved their TAC channel over and I've heard mutterings that they may move the county jail over to it as well. There are quite a few upgrades being done to the equipment, so I'm sure there will be much more to come from NSRS.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
I drove the route Thursday. I heard a lot of stops in "White Pine", never knew what that was but its a county in the area of Ely. So ELKO dispatch definitely covers that area.

SCPD

QRT
That is the same map! Sometimes websites are changed, a little too often in many cases, and links no longer work.

Status
Not open for further replies.