washoe county regional communication system

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xts3000r

hey. guy lets start a new thread. on washoe county regional communication system. so the mods cant. say we went off topic in the Winnemucca PD thread.

X

xts3000r

we are at a, in pass. what will the wcrcs. go to. a Open sky system. Or P25 tdma system

Attachments

• joc_minutes_800MHz_jul13draft.pdf
    166.8 KB · Views: 562

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised they're considering it given the experience of every other customer around the country.

The Harris sales people must be GOOD.

I do like the idea that a lightning strike is being used as a justification to move to a new system or advanced technology.

We all know how those P25 repeaters are so much more lightning strike resistant compared to those crappy analog ones.

Last edited:

YalekW

Actually the county I live in still uses their old analog system up to this day, and had never had any issue with lightning strikes.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I was being sarcastic, but agree with you - tons of firefighting, wildlife, forestry, etc. agencies all have towers with analog repeaters that get struck by lightning yet manage to keep operating.

com501

Its funny that two people from the consulting company that recommends the Harris equipment are on the committee and attend all the meetings...

But I guess when you BUY a proprietary system, and you are PAID to manage a proprietary system, and would NOT HAVE A JOB if someone else bought a different system.....

Just sayin'....

sigint1

Was: joking
I was being sarcastic, but agree with you - tons of firefighting, wildlife, forestry, etc. agencies all have towers with analog repeaters that get struck by lightning yet manage to keep operating.

The damage occurred when the Washoe County Network Operations Center buuilding suffered several separate lightning strikes - not strikes on the towers - total damage was over 300,000 dollars. The Washoe System is an EDACS system which Harris is no longer going to support so migrating to new system was already under coonsideration.

SCPD

QRT
i see we will. have to wait till the test, gos down. to see what they like, best about open sky, and p25. i want to go to the, next meeting to ask a few things. and to say i feel open sky, would be a bad sysytem, for washoe. who would go with me. i want to show them how bad open sky is. and what a wast of money it, will end up being

willybear

OH Please let them know that Clarrk County just want off Sky and going on P25 in the near future..thay had nothing but trouble with sky... I am in Vegas but just wanted you to know

Status
Not open for further replies.