Looking For notification service in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIREMAN3000

Im noticing that most notification companies like 1st responder, ipn and ialerts1 dont have much, or no coverage in Vegas. Was wondering if there is a reason for this.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Vegas Alerts

I'd submit those questions to those websites, not much can be accomplished here about the lack of Vegas coverage. The Clark County FD used to provide incidents and map links on a website but now they just post incidents and map numbers they use on their system. There is another website that you can enter the map numbers and see where it is. As far as getting a text or alert when a fire happens etc, I think (don't know) the position of the FD here is to protect privacy to an extent. That was the answer I received from an inquiry to the Henderson FD. They did not put map links on any website to the fires they had. Perhaps Clark County FD saw it as a cost they didn't have to spend money on? Maybe some other member here will chime in and answer some details?

FIREMAN3000

Thanks for that input. It just seems weird to me that there arent any scanner groups covering the Vegas area. Its a very busy area. Everyone I checked had virtually no coverage in that city. But theres coverage throughout the rest of US.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
All these groups rely on local volunteer scanner listeners to send alerts. If there are no volunteers there will be no coverage.

It's the same with live feeds. Someone has to volunteer their time and equipment or there is no feed.

SCPD

QRT
I use twitter alerts to get notifications from Las Vegas Fire and Clark County Fire about fires, and put out some notifications of calls on my twitter from time to time @ccsnfi

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
You can also use Pulse Point app on iphone.... and this desktop website...PulsePoint WebApp then set up alerts on your phone to pop up when a dispatch is sent out. Not for Clark County, but for Las Vegas Fire Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.