Got a pro651

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepytired

Hello there,

I bought this the other day and have been pushing the buttons on it and just overall reading the manual and getting used to the buttons and all the minor commands it has.

I am very new to this and I would like to be able to listen in on the EMTS and the like. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to pick up any radio chatter aside from the weather.

I know Reno has a trunking system but as I stated before. I cannot seem to get it to scan anything but the weather channel.

Help.

R

retiredmich

Did you program any Departments & Frequency's in your radio ? I also notice that Reno is Analog.

Sleepytired

I have programmed in washoe, with the frequency found on this site. Have also programmed in rfd.
I thought washoe was trunking, not analog. Also, all the frequencies for Reno haven't come in at all. None actually have come in save for weather service.

R

retiredmich

Was looking through the Washoe Co, & it looks like they are Simulcast. When you programed the frequency's did you also program in the TG ID # ?

sigint1

Was: joking
I have programmed in washoe, with the frequency found on this site. Have also programmed in rfd.
I thought washoe was trunking, not analog. Also, all the frequencies for Reno haven't come in at all. None actually have come in save for weather service.[/QUOT

The Washoe county is a analog trunked EDACS system - it will be migrating to a P25 Digital trunked system over the next few years but if your PRO 651 is a trunk tracking scanner you can monitor the system at this time - All major agencies in the Reno Metro Area are on this system - City of Reno, City of Sparks, Nevada Highway Patrol, Washoe County, Reno Tahoe International Airport, UNR Police as well as others.

Go to to the Washoe County Database and click in the EDACS trunked network link at bottom of page - last link in the "All trunked radio systems in washoe county" section that will bring up the system page - got to the "Metro Smulcast" and program in those frequencies - there are 15 frequencies - the frequencies are in LCN order (Small numbers next to frequencies) - this should give you good coverage anywhere in Reno Area and get you familiar with the system - once comfortable with that you might try programming some of the other sites depending on what area you live in - the "System Talkgroups" section of the database (same page as the frequencies are on) will show you who you are listening to - clicking the "List all in one table" link right under the heading will give you a list of talk groups in numerical order. - Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.