Red Flag 15-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Lot's of activity today in the 225-400 range with Red Flag in full swing. Just put your scanner in search mode you'll find the strong freqs. Would reccommend RED 5 as a good one to monitor 259.9500

br0adband

Hadn't even considered it's that time of year again, geez. Haven't heard much activity in terms of the actual aircraft departing Nellis (usually hear them when they leave en mass early mornings, at least in the past years), might have to whip out my SDR# archive and hook up the RTL-SDR sticks once more. I basically mothballed 'em months ago, go figure. ;)

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I was stationed at Nellis for a year during 1966-67. No Red Flag back then, as they were training Hun, Thud, and Phantom aircrews for duty in South East Asia. Nellis was in the middle of the desert then. Looks like it's nearly downtown now! I haven't been back to Las Vegas since then and have the November airshow on my bucket list. Enjoy the sights and sounds of Red Flag 15-1. I'm envious!

airsquad9

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else notice the Thunderbirds aren't using their normal frequency? I was out at Nellis Thursday and the Thunderbirds took the active and took off toward Creech for training but the whole time taxiing, takeoff and flying to Creech they couldn't be heard on their normal 139.8 talking to each other. In fact they didn't come up on any of the normal Thunderbird freqs. They only time I heard them was when they checked in with their ops when they were back inbound giving an aircraft status and eta to the ramp. Has anyone picked up any new frequency they might be using?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
T-Bird Comms

Anyone else notice the Thunderbirds aren't using their normal frequency? I was out at Nellis Thursday and the Thunderbirds took the active and took off toward Creech for training but the whole time taxiing, takeoff and flying to Creech they couldn't be heard on their normal 139.8 talking to each other. In fact they didn't come up on any of the normal Thunderbird freqs. They only time I heard them was when they checked in with their ops when they were back inbound giving an aircraft status and eta to the ramp. Has anyone picked up any new frequency they might be using?

I have only heard Thunderbirds on UHF these past two weeks. 235.25 I will monitor blackjack this week to see if they report in with a working tactical freq.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.