Lvmpd p25 700 mhz new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Wow - I just read the news article posted on 8newsnow.com. I didn't realize failures of the OpenSky system were blamed for a man's death.

Matakovich

lvmpd

Their old system was bad. I know several other depatments that went to an open sky system and spent millions of dollars on they stuff to find out it doesnt work. I havent heard of one department that went to an open sky system(desert sky) system that have said this is great and fixed our issues. All they have said is we have more issues now than we did before. The worst part is they dont have the money to trash the system and buy new again. LVMPD is lucky that they can put another 57 million in to it after they put 47 million into open sky. I did hear that there is a dash or body cam video of a LVMPD officer throwing his open sky radio at a suspect because the thing wouldnt work. He couldnt call for back up. Hope the open sky people get with it and start refunding departments for their failures.

DisasterGuy

The sad part is that OpenSky was NEVER designed as a public safety communication system. It is a data system that provides public service voice as a value added option. What is really sad is that they could likely convert from OpenSky to P25 with Harris for $1m or so and solve most of their issues depending on how it was deployed.

coolrich55

Do the taxpayers of LV not care that they went with the opensky system that was proven time after time to be a P.O.S. radio system? I mean plenty of people on here knew and stated that this decision was the wrong one. Who exactly was responsible for choosing opensky to begin with? Whoever it was should be held accountable just as much as the owners of opensky. What a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.