Clark County Rural Dispatch 152.0075

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing the relatively newly listed 152.0075 frequency for Clark County Fire Rural Dispatch. I am hearing the same traffic on the Clark County SNACC system too. My question is: Are the rural units using a VHF radio that is received and rebroadcast on the SNACC system, or are they transmitting using a 800 Mhz radio that is being rebroadcast onto the VHF 152.0075 frequency? Just curious... thanks.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
There are a couple of possibilities depending on just how remote the fire station is. This particular freq is a fixed station at UMC, so it could be a transmitter tied into SNACC via microwave or it could be a transceiver tied into SNACC via microwave. The first option would be for paging purposes only, the second option allows you to key up on 152.0075 C71.9 and talk to dispatch.

emtjohn

I don't think any of the rurals are 800. All VHF. I believe the VHF is simulcast in the Valley on SNACC so it can be monitored by CCFD command staff in town (Like A2, the Assistant Chief in charge of the volunteers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radact

Super Secret Squirrel answer from a friend that works at County Comms.

It’s UMC - Paging Freq . Used also on Consoles in the ER, Trama, Etc. Some one at
UMC has a Console on that has this connected to CC- Fire Rural , UMC- paging Freq and the
800Mhz SNACC Radio’s that are also hooked up to the consoles . This is what happens when
staff at UMC start pushing buttons on the Consoles . Cross Patching begins.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
So I guess the next question is: What channel are the units in the field (in those rural areas far away from UMC) using to talk to dispatch on? Is it on their other VHF rural frequency (i.e. 154.43,158.97, 154.34, etc...) which is then patched into the SNACC Rural Talkgroup (which you can hear clearly in the metro area), and then THAT is rebroadcast out on 152.0075?

radact

Rural Freq

Another Super Secret Squirrel Answer.

"On another note . Metro has given there old SW VHF Freq. To CC-Fire Rural . Very
active . 158.975"

Maybe it''s this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.