LVMPD Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am going to Vegas in the middle of May. Hearing LVMPD on the Brodcastify is amazing!. The audio quality is great and this is the only way for me to monitor the. I don't have any scanners/radios that will do phase 2 at this time. Thank you to whoever is streaming LVMPD, thank you for providing it. Their new Motorola P25 trunking system sounds fantsatic, why they went Opensky it's still a head shaker, Harris low balled the contract and Las Vegas most likely had to choose by some rule.

br0adband

Not that it's a totally portable monitoring setup by any means, but it's possible to monitor P25 Phase II systems using OP25 - just needs a computer (preferably a laptop if you have to have mobility to any degree) and a "cheap USB TV tuner" aka RTL-based USB stick you can find for roughly $10-25 these days on Amazon/eBay/NooElec/etc and many other places. OP25 is a Linux-based solution but can be installed in a virtual machine and still be functional (Linux being the guest OS, Ubuntu 14.04.5 on top of a host OS like Windows 7/8/8.1 or even OSX/macOS as well).

I myself don't own a physical scanner, haven't for a very very long time now and while I'd like to have one I'm sufficiently content to use OP25 since it works so well at what it's designed to do.

It's just something to consider, but yes the LVMPD stream has been very reliable since it was first started, I have no idea who actually provides it but they've done an excellent job of it. One thing I find pretty cool is that it is quite often the second most popular feed on Broadcastify with a high level of regularity, almost always behind the Chicago PD feed. A few months ago when we had that bus shooting here in Las Vegas it jumped to first place for a while, it did that just over year ago (late 2015 iirc) when that driver blasted through LV Blvd in front of the Bellagio injuring a lot of people and killing one person too.

Sometimes we get something interesting here, absolutely. ;)

We also have support with PulsePoint now too which is an Android app (not sure if there's an iOS version but probably) that works with both the LVFR and Clark County Fire agencies providing info about incidents/map locations/etc. I hope someday they'll add the audio streams but so far it's just the textual based information so, it's something to have around just in case and highly recommended to add it to your "toolkit" for monitoring activity.

Edit:
PulsePoint does have an iOS version as well as expected: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pulsepoint/id500772134?mt=8

Last edited:

coolrich55

I bring my pro668 every year when I go to Vegas and I don't know if it's the way their system is set up or if the 668 is extremely good at decoding phase2 but it's one of the best p25 trunking systems I have heard. Maybe the way they have it set up is just very "scanner friendly". Very crisp and clear audio without the annoying "digital" type sound. I don't know if that makes sense the way I explained it. The 668 was pretty inexpensive when I bought it a few years ago.

trunkh8er

Did you make any adjustments in order to hear the LVMPD? I programmed my 668 from the database, it locked on TGs but sent no audio, I adjusted thresholds and AGC and still no audio. What am I missing to get the Las Vegas Metro P25 monitorable?

coolrich55

Did you make any adjustments in order to hear the LVMPD? I programmed my 668 from the database, it locked on TGs but sent no audio, I adjusted thresholds and AGC and still no audio. What am I missing to get the Las Vegas Metro P25 monitorable?

Yes, I had the same problem the first time I brought it out there. It would stop on a TG, pick up a word here and there. I was ready to throw it out the window. Last thing I tried was the squelch. Turned the knob all the way up and that did it. Worked perfectly after that. Hope that works for you also.

Status
Not open for further replies.