Nye Sheriff while in Tonopah

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardware1197

Premium Subscriber
Can't seem to get anything on the SNACC or the listed analog channels while in Tonopah. Is there a secret?

BCD436HP and 536HP
-Dave

wa6lif

Premium Subscriber
Don't know what amount of time you were in Tonopah. Guess it's remotely possible that there were no radios affiliated with the site that serves that area while you were there. With nothing affiliating with the site, it might not route any traffic to it from the system. I don't know how Nye county has it's resources allocated as far as traffic routing. Just a guess. I suppose you could always listen to the control channel in analog mode for the site that covers the Tonopah area to see if you could hear that. Even with no traffic being routed it would still be on the air.

hardware1197

Premium Subscriber
Did you try the Nye County Public Safety system?

Good point....I see this in the notes for Nye County PS system which explains why it's not in the RR db upload to the HPDB:

"This system has merged with the SNACC system. Please submit updated site info as it becomes available. "

I will look trying to add that site manually.

Thanks!

hardware1197

Premium Subscriber
SOLVED Nye County Sheriff

Nye County is on Live PD which is on A & E.

LOL

So thanks to being able to bounce stuff around in this forum, all you have to do is get 155.4300 programmed (and if you want the handful of other trunk channels from the Nye County Public Safety System) and you are golden. I suppose I could learn to direct enter the truncked system sometime too..The RR notation about the merge with SNACC seems to be incorrect.

Thanks!

-Dave

coolrich55

I've been in Vegas for a few days now. Hearing Nye county sheriff on the snacc system just fine. Not sure what site though.

Status
Not open for further replies.