Highspeed pursuit Douglas Co Sheriff live on law primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

Right now its 23:00 Hrs 8/26/2018
Douglas county Sheriff picked up a vehicle that is driving dui and danger to others at stateline at tahoe currently they are southbound hwy 395 south of johson lane spike strips deployed on hwy 50 and were successfull he is 60 + on rims starting fires on shoulder spikestrip set up again at hwy 88 and 395 i have camera and im at hwy 395 in minden they are getting ready to try and take him out going bout to video.

It came by here and its a huge 3 axle motorhome and the guy had it floored when made the curve at 6th st and 395 and i ran cuz he was losing control and its leaning and i didnt want to get that thing on top of me, i got it on video and im going to play back there were a minimum of 25 units he crashed at douglas ave and 395.
I extracted some images however they are not the greatest but i ran when he started to crossover.

Attachments

• 101_1146.jpg
    101_1146.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 101_11460.jpg
    101_11460.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 101_11461.jpg
    101_11461.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 101_11463.jpg
    101_11463.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 101_11468.jpg
    101_11468.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

gvranchosbill

I can work on it entire video is 166 mbs and im not sure how many mbs i can upload at one time its pretty good except when the motorhome started into the curve in begining it was going to the oposite lane right at me so i ran back away from road and statrted to walk back and the movement is obvious. The next day i could see the groove in pavement and tire chunks all over he hugged the curb on opposite lane then went to center then all over until he crashed about a mile or more later. As far as being dui all i know now hearing on radio was unknown cns type looking drug was found in a paper towel inside during search ans was taken and bagged in evidence bag i have some photos of motorhome as it was dragged into gardnerville fire station 2 and left until next evening tow company that responded couldnt tow it and needed a low boy trailer the entire right side had no tires and front axle is gone. The entire pursiut that started at stateline at calif/nevada line was a failure to yield driving with no headlamps took about 45 minutes and thats good time for going hwy 50 at south lake tahoe to spooner summit at hwy 28 down grade towards carson city turned southbound hwy 395 and he was spiked on hwy 50 west of 395 and continued on rims was spiked again at hwy 88 and hwy 395 where he tried to run down deputies as they were trying to devert him away from town down hwy 88 but jumped curb and kept going down hwy 395 into town where i was waiting with camera at curve and it was straight run until curve and i was sure it was going over its in video you would have to play it back and look close but you can see it was losing control. Im going to try and up load to youtube now but connection where im at is not good i will post youtube address if successfull.

Last edited:

gvranchosbill

I could get that later but here is youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzWXPt4ZYA8&feature=youtu.be

Also daytime photos of motorhome i can post with grooves a little later.
Video was 366 mb and took an hour or so to upload from this wi-fi site.
At end im talking with someone who heard but didnt see it and i was calming down from fight or flight rush.
Had i been home i would had radio audio recorded but its always the other way around no video just radio.

Last edited:

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the YouTube video. Who says you can't drive on a flat tire - sure you can!

He's probably going down for a couple of felonies. Besides the body damage and broken windshields the front end probably has substantial suspension damage - oh well.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Bullet holes in the windshield? Sheesh!

Also, how many patrol cars are really needed in a hot pursuit anyway? They caused more traffic hazard than the RV.

gvranchosbill

I think i over counted in the excitement however there were at leat 10 to 15 after looking at video a few times there were nhp units lagging behind i understand to clear or put out fires caused by flaming chunks of tires.

gvranchosbill

117-year-old building proves too much for motorhome driver
Kurt Hildebrand
August 31, 2018

Kurt Hildebrand
The Record Courier
The corner of the Ritchford stables where the pursuit of a motorhome came full stop against the side of a 117-year-old building.

After spike strips and roadblocks, it was a 117-year-old Gardnerville building that finally stopped a rampaging motorhome driver, who led deputies on a fiery 45-mile chase on Sunday.

The Ritchford stables were built the same time as the William Ritchford's hotel, which most recently housed Rancho Grande.

Ritchford announced opening both the hotel and the stables in the March 1,1901,edition of The Courier.

The long white structure is one of the oldest native structures in Douglas County.

Late Sunday night, a Alturas, Calif., man drove a motorhome into Nevada at Stateline, weaving and travelling without headlights.

Christopher Debastioni, 46, led authorities on a chase from South Lake Tahoe, up and over Highway 50 to Carson City and then south to Gardnerville.

Debastioni appeared in Tahoe Township Justice Court on Aug. 28, where his bail was set at $25,000 for assault with a deadly weapon and attempt to elude. He also faces a gross misdemeanor for failure to stop at a roadblock and a passel of traffic violations, including driving under the influence.

He is scheduled to return to court on Tuesday Sept 4 2018.

In addition to running without lights, the 1997 Airstream motorhome was swerving into oncoming traffic. Deputies followed the motorhome down 50 to Carson City where two spike strips were laid out, which damaged the tires on the vehicle's right side. As the rubber began to tear away from the rims, a shower of sparks sprayed out behind Debastioni as he continued down Highway 395 south toward Minden, where a roadblock was waiting. Debastioni drove the motorhome onto Highway 88 and around the Maverik parking lot before driving across the Town of Minden's landscaping at the intersection, leaving tire tracks across the lawn.

He drove around another roadblock at Buckeye and Highway 395 in Minden where deputies had to dive out of his path. He also aimed the motor home at a patrol car.

The motorhome's rims left a deep groove in the highway as Debastioni swerved back and forth across the road through Gardnerville before running the Airstream into the long white building at Douglas Avenue and Highway 395.

Deputies took advantage of the pause to board the motorhome and struggled to get Debastioni cuffed before finally taking him into custody.

Debastioni was taken to Carson Valley Medical Center for treatment of injuries received in the incident.

https://www.recordcourier.com/news/local/117-year-old-building-proves-too-much-for-motorhome-driver/

Status
Not open for further replies.