burning man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Station51

Sheriff and Volunteers.

I was there last year (work related) and there is a lot of activity with the local Sheriff's department.
They strictly enforce the 3 or 5 MPH speed limit and do vehicle searches in some cases after making enforcement stops.
The "volunteers" also use radios at the check in gate and ticket booth. I didn't spend a lot of time there and didn't focus on the radios. I just wanted to get in and out. It was a hot day and I had a flight to catch out of Reno.
Definitely a "different" experience with the smell of POT in the air and topless girls riding bicycles around.
LOTS of blowing sand and wind. EVERYTHING get covered in this powdery dirt that gets into every crack and crevice. That just jogged my memory. One of the volunteers was carrying a Motorola that looked like it had been dipped in mud.

There was also supposed to be a HAM repeater on site but I didn't take a radio so can't verify that.

I think I "googled" burning man frequencies of something like that and came up with some info.

BURNING MAN also has a website full of info

Black Rock Amateur Radio Frequencies
Frequency

146.700 simplex 100.0
147.030 (+) 123.0
147.180 (+) 107.2
146.925 (-) 123.0

They also have their own FM radio local station playing music and announcing event at "The Burn"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.