rtl-sdr's and listneing to SNACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

COM19pr

Premium Subscriber
i'm using two rtl-dsr dongles along with this software, SDR#, "DSD+" and "universal trunker" to scan vegas metro (SNACC)/Project 25 Phase I

i've entered a few of the primary control channels but i'm not getting anything. though this might be due to something amiss with DSD+.

one dongle is connected to a discone antenna and the other one to a 4ft single telescopic antenna.

i guess i should ask, can one actually listen to Phase 1 (one dongle) and Phase 2(two dongles) here in the vegas area? is this question ok to ask here or better i ask over on the rtl-sdr forum?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
RTL/SDR's and SNACC

I have a few but mostly use them for ADSB. There is a former Vegas guy here that really knows his stuff on it. Look up member "brOadband". PM him I'm sure he'll know.

COM19pr

Premium Subscriber
I have a few but mostly use them for ADSB. There is a former Vegas guy here that really knows his stuff on it. Look up member "brOadband". PM him I'm sure he'll know.

appreciate your reply. i'll pm him.

never used the dongles for ADSB. now that you mention it, i'll give that a try too as rtl-sdr.com has a good tutorial on it. lean something new every day here.

kc9lnd

Feed Provider
I have done it with 2 dongles, they can be finicky to get set up, but one running it worked great for me. You have to make sure you pipe the digital audio output to DSD+ with a virtual audio cable.

COM19pr

Premium Subscriber
I have done it with 2 dongles, they can be finicky to get set up, but one running it worked great for me. You have to make sure you pipe the digital audio output to DSD+ with a virtual audio cable.

i have done that. the first time i set it up, via youtube vid howto, it worked. but haven't gotten it to work since. the unitrunker scope tab for "fixed" radio shows it is receiving but the DSD+ isn't showing any activity. the virtual audio cable appears to still be setup correctly. SDR# is working fine.

i'll uninstall/reinstall/config the DSD+ driver and recheck. could be user error or the finicky factor as you say.

thanks for reply

Status
Not open for further replies.