New beginner in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyddn

I am interested in radio scanning and was wondering what is a good budget scanner to get started with that would work in Vegas. I am interested in listening to Las Vegas Metro and Henderson police department frequencies. I have no idea if I need a analog, digital, or a radio with trunking. I have seen a Pro 97 and Pro 94 at the local Radio Shacks that are going out of business. I think the 97 was going for about $160 and the 94 for about $120. I also don't mind looking for an older used RS or Uniden model if that would be better for a beginner. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

TOUGHLIFE

A Pro-97 is not a bad way to start in this area. I would also suggest acquiring a copy of the Southern Nevada Scanner Book (4th Edition Dated Feb 2006). Comments about this publication are contained in this forum. I keep one copy in my vehicle and one copy at home. It can be found at Radio World in Boulder City 294-2666 or Amateur Electronic Supply in Las Vegas. Radio World also has a nice selection of used scanners if you want to make a deal with "Trader Dave" the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.