NHP Reno & Elko

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOUGHLIFE

This morning Reno NHP on 05-141 Reno Ch 1 and Elko NHP 05-103 Elko Ch 3 were both being heard in LV. Again, something different to monitor.

joen7xxx

Elko

I'm also hearing some out-of-area traffic here in Elko. Heard a couple of NDI units in Sparks the other night. Traffic levels are getting high enough here in Elko that they are adding frequencies to the sites.

TOUGHLIFE

The same is true in the LV area. Down here look for more frequencies to be added to some of the NSRS sites including Angel Peak. Opal Mtn. near BC will have more added also but government does operate very slowly so don't hold your breath for changes to take effect. This does not even cover the aspect of 800 MHz "rebanding" due to the Nextel vs Public Safety conflict issue which will complicate matters even more.

joen7xxx

Rural NHP

I see Elko and the rural units on TG 10-001 through 006 up here in Elko. Just heard a unit at Scotties Jct. on 10-006.

Just heard a toneout with no voice on TG 02-064. Any ideas??

pinoy1042

Equipment

Excuse me but can i ask, what type of scanners your using with model #. i have a pro-2050-base / pro-2066-mobile unit that dont seem to work here in reno.

thanks.

joen7xxx

I'm just using a Pro-94. Pretty low budget for trunk tracking. I also have a Regency M-7000 which is wide open from 26-1300 mhz. I also have numerous commercial radios for low band, vhf high band abd uhf operations.

BJ_NORTON

The Pro 2066 won't work for scanning NHP/NSRS. it only follows Motorola I/IIi systems in the 800 band. NSRS uses EDACS. sorry, but it still a great radio!

cglogic

old vs the new slowly

Look: I drive reno to carlin every day. and have seen improvement in the reception. but I can not get the trunking sense I am mobile. The towers and 150 mhz I have found work ok. Towers in trunk ed-sct with some 150 mhz on on band. other band just 150 mhz under ed-sct also. Have more research info. I am still learning this as a mobile unit. U. Any info u have. RR.com wants my $. but they want the info that I can give.???? even for the cofimation of 900# etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.