Nhp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray smith

Was in Laughlin monday and seems the NHP is very hard to pick up in that area. On the NSRS or old freq. After a bit of searching around I found some traffic on 856.7375 this freq seems not to be related to any system near by. Anybody have a clue to what there using in that area? Site9012 at Laughlin is inactive ( No CC ).

Thx Ray

Dave_D

Granted, I'm a radio newb, but it looks to me like you might have discovered a new NSRS site. Perhaps the pros on this forum can confirm this.

A location-based search on Laughlin (50-mile radius) at FCC.GOV returns these active licenses for 856.7375:

WNZB252: North Las Vegas (FB, FB2C), Department of Transportation.
WNZB253: NV, Statewide (MO). Department of Transportation.
WPRY297: Oatman (23 KM SE of Laughlin) (FB2C), NSRS (DOT, etc.).

From what I can tell (and this despite the RRDB's abismal lack of location data) Oatman is not listed for NSRS in the RRDB. The "Laughlin" site shown in RRDB corresponds to "Christmas Tree," some 18 KM NW of Laughlin. And to top it off, there's nothing else listed in RRDB remotely close to Laughlin employing 856.7375.

Dave

Last edited:

ray smith

Thanks for the look up.Will be going to bullhead for a week in Jan and will do some more scanning. Will be working but only on standby so get to scan a lot.If I find out any more info before will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.