RR Update: NHP Conventional Freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mary2

nhp freq' conventional

What exactly does this mean? Do they dispatch ll calls on this freq, besides the 800 or is this to confuse me

Dave_D

I'm not sure that I understand your question. I presume you're referring to the Nevada Shared Radio System (NSRS)?

For some time, the Nevada Highway Patrol (NHP) has operated conventional radio systems throughout the state. For whatever reason, those frequencies were not documented in the RR database. Meanwhile, the NSRS was introduced to replace that system and is fully disclosed in the RR database.

As noted in this and other forum topics, and even in the NSRS listing itself, certain offices of the NHP have not yet adopted the NSRS, preferring to wait for the technology to prove itself. For this reason, I have researched and posted the older frequencies to the RR database, so that you can scan both, as necessary.

I hope it proves useful.

Dave

3mary2

nhp freq.

Thanks Dave,
I have the shared radio freqs. programmed and the scanner works great. I thought you were saying NHP were not going to use them. I confuse very easy. Thank you for re-wording so this ole man could understand what you meant by the conventional freqs.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
They only have one freq in Clark County...and it's way NE of LV? Wow.

Are they piggybacking with LVMPD or something? Elko county has ~20 freq's and the LVM only has one? Seems backwards to me...considering I've been thru Elko county and there isn't much to see.

Just wondering.

*edit*

After looking in the DB, it would appear that NHP is using that EDACS system in Clark county...?

Last edited:

billcroghan

Re: the note about only one conventional in Clark county located NE. The NHP had and may still have a conventional VHF repeater in the Hilton North tower inthe same room as the LVARC ham repeter I help maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.