NHP Activity Near Laughlin, NV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOUGHLIFE

In my travels I recently noticed the Oatman site of the NSRS active with both public safety and non-public safety traffic. This is an EDACS system for those who do not know and when programming the frequencies into a scanner in the trunking mode be sure to start with channel 1 or the first channel in a given bank except in a radio shack scanner when you must NOT put the first frequency into channel zero which some radios start with. Use channel one in this case if you choose the first bank. Enough said about that.

Ch-1 856.7375, Ch-2 857.7375, Ch-3 858.7375, Ch-4 860.7375
Be sure to program the frequencies in this and no other order.

You will hear Las Vegas NHP Rural Channel known as LV-3. The talkgroup is 05-124.
Usually the NHP traffic from the LV area will not be heard on this site unless a unit identified with a particular talkgroup ID is using this site. So don't expect to hear what is going on in the LV Valley on this talkgroup when in the Laughlin area.

Nevada Power Company using ID 08-044 for general operations in this area can be heard and at times they are informal.

This site can easily be heard in the Kingman area utilizing an indoor or vehicular antenna.

So much for this report as it is getting cold and back into the motorhome I go for more listening.

Happy holidays to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.