interoperability in LV for newyears

Status
Not open for further replies.

runkjunk

Premium Subscriber
I just caught the tail end of a news segment about LV New Years using interoperability radios.

I did not hear whether P25 digital, but caught statement "NV compliance on interoperability needed for FED funding"....some homeland sec thing.

Anybody have more info? Haven't grabbed todays RJ

Rich

P.S does anyone know how Clark Co. coroner communicates here in valley?

TOUGHLIFE

The CC Coroner's office has access to the LVMPD radio system and of course cell phones.

As for interoperability the LVMPD, NHP, HPD can easily be patched together even though they are on different radio systems. This has been done in the past with success during major events. I would not concern myself with P25 digital activity with these entities at this time but later on.

edgeman

I believe that there was a previous post about this but I can't find it. Actually I think Toughlife started it.

That being said, do we know if the agencies are going to be connected via a talkgroup on the SNACC system or by another method? If so, does anyone know what the talkgoup id is?

Thanks and Happy New Year.
Thanks

TOUGHLIFE

Interoperability In Southern Nevada

In the recent past when agencies would be linked together it often consisted of the following: Whatever LVMPD channel (VHF) they chose, Henderson PD (SNACC ID 57344),
NHP (LV 4 ID 05-127).

Not to be forgotten and also recently used, the standard 800 MHz mutual aid frequencies:
I-Call 866.0125 (Fire units have been heard simplex on this also)
I-Tac 1 866.5125
I-Tac 2 867.0125
I-Tac 3 867.5125
I-Tac 4 868.0125

I would highly recommend monitoring all of the above channels/frequencies during major events in the LV valley.

Happy New Year a few days early

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.