Medical Urgency Designation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewink

I know what Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo mean, but I just heard Henderson use call out a 17-Omega-9. What does Omega designate?

BJ_NORTON

I didn't even know there was a 17-9. I have 17 alpha 1 through 17 delta 3. 17 calls deal with falls, and the only oddball I have listed is a 17 mike 1 Public assist (W/O inj or priority symt)

ewink

Where do you have a list from? I have the call type codes (1 - Abdominal Pain, 2 - Allergies, etc.) but not the trailing numbers.

BJ_NORTON

I did a google search a few years ago and found them on the web page for Miami-Dade county in FL. I printed the list out, and put it in a binder with all my scanner stuff. The website name on the top page I printed says miamidade.gov under the fire rescue dept http://www.miamidade.gov/MDFR/home.asp and its called the call signals. I checked back a few months ago when I thought I lost my copy, but I didn't see it there anymore. you can have a look around if you like. If you do find it you should post it here for others to use as well.

Some of the calls are very specific, especially the 26 series. my favorites are 26A22 and 26A20.

BOL
BJ

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Omega is a non-response generally, on a card 17 that would be probably a person who's fallen and has no injuries and just wants help getting up. (We actually get those calls sometimes!)

As I said in another thread on the Priority Dispatch card set system, agencies have fairly free rein to alter/edit/enhance the card system as they see fit once they're licensed and accredited to use it. Sounds like your service has done so.

ewink

You guys are SUPER!

So for the most part, these codes are pretty 'national', which some local variations (like the 10 codes)?

BJ_NORTON said:
Some of the calls are very specific, especially the 26 series. my favorites are 26A22 and 26A20.

BOL
BJ

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I would personally object to 26A22 only being an A level response... :|

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.