Visiting Carson/Moundhouse....What to program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloScanMan_01

Hello, everyone! I will be visiting my brother in Carson City/ Moundhouse area next week, and was wondering if anyone had any idea what I should program in my Uniden 396?
Also, I will be departing on Amtrak via Reno, so any info on rail operations would be helpful. I'm going to assume that along I-80, the primary site for Washoe RCS coverage along the CA border area would be Verdi ?

sigint1

Was: joking
For the Reno area program in the Washoe County EDACS Metro site (Peavine Mountain and Red Peak simulcast) - that will just about give you everybody in the Reno metro area including NHP - you can program the NSRS state system if you want but about all you will hear is NDOT and Sierra Pacific Power (note - the system that the RR database shows for RENO Metro NSRS simulcast and the other Reno area sites are NOT NSRS - it is the Washoe County EDACS system) I have mentioned it several times but they dont seem to want to change it.

sigint1

Was: joking
SloScanMan_01 said:
Hello, Joking! I tried your website yesterday and could not access it. Perhaps I had the wrong web address?

I switched to high speed cable internet - my web page was on AT&T which I dont have anymore so I had to take it down - my try to put one up again later but too many irons in fire right now.

rhvfd10

So, I'm new to the trunking world and am looking to program for NHP, NDOT, Reno, Sparks, Sierra FPD, NLTFD, etc... Are you saying that I don't have to go through the entire NSRS system? And how do I separate Reno's ECADS from the states? Would I have to program some NSRS for Carson City / Gardnerville area?

Also for visitors, Carson City, Lyon County, Storey County (Virginia City), and Douglas County (Stateline) use non-trunked 150.000 type frequencys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.