Elko County NHP, NDF and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

Does anyone know, for sure, if the NHP are still on the rural VHF frequencies in Elko County or are the NSRS sites from West Wendover to Elko active with NHP traffic. I know there are Elko NHP talkgroups now but at last I heard that the VHF frequencies were still in use through the county over Rocky Point, Wendover Hill and Ellen Dee.
Also what NDF frequencies are the most active for the fire season in the county. If anyone has a list of the most active frequencies (air to ground, tactical for example) that would be great as well. I'm heading out that direction this weekend and would like to do a bit of monitoring while I'm there. Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Program the BLM and Forest Service frequencies that are listed in the database. They will have more action than the NDF frequencies. I say this because the area in NDF's jurisdiction is much smaller than the federal jurisdiction, but I would not leave out NDF. The local federal frequencies will have initial attack incidents on them. Second, program the National Incident Radio Support Cache or Natiional Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) frequencies. Traffic for the large incidents, or "extended attack" that are on going will be almost exclusively on those frequencies. The link to the Wiki page that shows those is:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/National_Incident_Radio_Support_Cache

If the NHP in that area is on VHF or the NSRS, the information for both is in the database. At present it may actually be a combination of both. Members from that area will be able to tell you more on the current situation than I can.

spanner

Premium Subscriber
When I stayed for there for a day in a half on my way to Winnemucca, I heard them on both the state system and the vhf....

Here in the muck, I can hear Elko NHP and ELY NHP on the state system.

I hear them more than I hear the units on this side.....

als365

NDF handles all risk calls in the county and is fairly active. All of the tones go out over NDF. In Reno, NDF isn't that active, but in Elko County, it is.

Jay, You can't hear stuff on the LND repeater in Wells, but all the repeaters share the same frequencies.

Hope you had fun and keep the cone alive man.

-Austin

spanner

Premium Subscriber
I just spent a week at Elko Expanded Dispatch.....Its BLM, dispatching County/NDF/USFS/BLM.

On the other side of the building is 911.....

Status
Not open for further replies.