154.665 encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB

Feed Provider
I am picking up a strong digital signal on the NYSP car to car frequency here in New York on my analog scanner and have been for years. I always assumed it was part of the NHSP digital system.

I programmed my XTL2500 with a NAC of $F7E on 154.665 and now when my analog scanner is receiving the digital "noise" i hear nothing on the XTL2500. I wonder why?

I tried the same thing with 156.210 and I can pick up NHSP loud and clear in digital mode on my XTL.

Why am I not picking up a digital signal on 154.665 with the XTL2500 when, at the same time I can definately hear a digital signal on my scanner?

Is 154.665 encrypted? Maybe my XTL auto-mutes encrypted audio? Any ideas?

comspec

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Can't say for sure what you are hearing, but I can at least say that in the NYC Metro area that channel does indeed have NYSP encrypted traffic on it. Down here I do not believe it is P25 encrypted. It is one of the older encryption schemes.

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
NHSP has encryption ability on all channels I believe. So it very well might have been ENC coms you were hearing. They do not use it often, but they do have to option. I know troop A, D, and E have used encryption before.

Status
Not open for further replies.