RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Hampshire Radio Discussion Forum

New Hampshire Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Hampshire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 12:59 PM

Question Dover fire--possible p25

It was brought to my attention that Dover PD is not using dual mode at the moment. Those that listen, know that out of nowhere, you will hear in analog the dispatcher acknowledging or dispatching fire/rescue. Personally, that is why I don't listen unless I am going there. So, after doing some fcc digging, looks like they are getting ready for something for the fire freq. I also got a digital emissions designator list, and I think they might go p25 for intown, analog for when they travel to assist. As we know, Dover also handles Rollinsford fire. IF Dover fire goes p25--will they take Rollinsford along?
ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0006566413 - DOVER, CITY OF - Frequency Detail
http://nationalicense.com/wp-content...sheet-2012.pdf
We will see,would someone keep an analog scanner on them? AKA-no tone/pl/dcs
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2014, 4:38 PM

Cool p25 tone

I put the NAC into dover pd to see if they still get the fire/rescue announcements. Today, they have been all p25, and there IS a tone everytime fire/rescue is toned out. I thought you couldn't tone out on p25. I know on the Nashua system, the tone WAS analog. Don't know if it still is. I noticed yesterday on troop A they put out a tone for all SP units to hear. Hmmmm, gotta love mysteries...
Old 12-11-2014, 6:40 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The issue with tones on a P25 system is they won't activate a pager, when Dover pages the fire department, the dispatcher will transmit on both the PD and FD channels to make police officers aware of a fire call. Sometimes, they forget to turn off the multi-select, which is why you will hear them answering police units on the fire channel, or the ambulance on the police channel.
Old 12-11-2014, 2:43 PM

Talking

10-5, bud
Old 10-12-2017, 9:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Dover fire possible p25

Hey guys,

rumor has it that we may indeed be switching to p25 shortly.
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2017, 8:13 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Curious
What pagers are out there that do p25? I know that most of the minitors if not all of them will only do analog. That is why one of the Department's I was part of and that my sons are still part of here won't go to p25 because they would have to use a separate channel or keep the old channel just for paging. So if there is a p25 pager out there similar to minitors let me know so I can check into it or actually tell them so they could check into it
Old 10-13-2017, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetnymedic View Post
Curious
What pagers are out there that do p25? I know that most of the minitors if not all of them will only do analog. That is why one of the Department's I was part of and that my sons are still part of here won't go to p25 because they would have to use a separate channel or keep the old channel just for paging. So if there is a p25 pager out there similar to minitors let me know so I can check into it or actually tell them so they could check into it
Unication offers one - Unication USA
Old 10-20-2017, 6:45 PM

So, unless Rollinsford is dispatched by Somersworth (analog), they too may be going p25.
Cause Rollinsford is dispatched by Dover..