NH Opting Out of FirstNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

Smart Move..........I don't see First Net going very far.....But AT&T will get taxpayer funded upgrades to its system so it can make more profit......

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Smart Move..........I don't see First Net going very far.....But AT&T will get taxpayer funded upgrades to its system so it can make more profit......

NH opting out doesn't relieve the burden of building out FirstNet. It just means they won't ride on the coattails of the other states that did. They'll have to do an RFP for their own system that ties in to the FirstNet Core.

As for FirstNet not going far, we'll have to see. As for AT&T getting a lot out of it, yeah, that's a no brainer. But that's nothing new. Federal government has been subsidizing big industries for a very long time, one way or another.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Yep. All 50 states and 3 territories have opted in. Which is pretty significant. There were a couple of states looking closely at doing "their own thing".
3 territories are still considering their options, they have a few more weeks to make up their minds.

California brought up some good points about security and the appropriate certifications to run some of the data over the network. AT&T still has some work to do on FirstNet.

Status
Not open for further replies.