Boat Explosion-all 6 medivacs responded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
At approx 5:20pm I heard rems dispatch Atl-1, Air-3, Med-5, Monoc-1, NorthStar, South Star all responded to N40.28.2 by W74.01.1 Forth McHenry. Then I saw on ABC News that a lage boat exploded approx 15 miles off Sandy Hook, NJ Approx 21-30 people with 2nd to 3rd degree burns.

Ok ABC News is saying Coast Guard is calling this a mass Casualty. 17.5 miles off Sandy Hook, NJ 21 people on board. 9 in a raft with serous burns. NJ State police, NYPD boats and USCG in the area. Still haven't found it yet. Name of yacht is "Blind Date"
All 6 or 7 medivacs using SPEN-1

Last edited:

DJ88

It happened 17 miles off of Sandy Hook, around 4:45 PM or so. 21 or 22 people aboard, some or all tossed into the water, all accounted for so far. 9 injuries with what are being called 2nd and 3rd degree burns. 6 Med Evacs requested. Multiple EMS units there, along with the two Monmouth County MAB Buses. Staging area is Fort Hancock, Coast Guard is or willl be bringing victims in to the staging area. News 12 has on scene coverage. New York City network news channels also have the story.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
While I am speaking of this, can someone please list all the MedEvac helicopters we now have in NJ and their location like NorthStar=Somerville airport, NJ. ect. I tried to look it up but came up with lots of location.

Ok ABC now showing 5 helicopters on the ground, looks like North and SouthSTAR and 3 others, one green and black tail. All shut down waiting
i see 4 ambulances.
Coast Guard has a GPS locater on the Yacht. but search in negative

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
They say, they still can't find any debris or anything, if this is a hoax, somebody better be charged, it is coasting a lot of money and other lives.
wait on NJSP they found them all 21 people accounted for. REMs is gonna give out hosipital room

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Ok the helos are at fort Hancock and they gave out a rundown of what hospitals have room for burn victims.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Coast Guard spokeman said 7 helicopters on location an 2 good samaterton ships andSandy Hook Jones Beach CG in the area searching
saying a large search area, but probably real.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
5 USCG helos started search, 3 left to go back home, 2 still searching. NJ starting to pull their copters now also.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
just heard on the command post freq they are using (123.025) that they are about to call off the search for most of the resources except the falcon and a couple of helos from AT. City
They betta catch this idiot that called this in
This may be one of the worst hoaxes I have ever seen with the CG. Millions of $ and the safety of all involved jeopardized because of 1 nut case.

coolrich55

Interesting about the use of spen-1. Is it normal for them to use it as an ops channel? I thought it was only for base to base comms.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Sorry e1, at first I thought this was true. The CG even had a becon to go by, but now I hear nothing so I guess it was a hoax. They need to be found and charged, what it's like &1,500.00 an hour for copters. right.
Again, I am sorry, I thought it was real at first.

DJ88

Sorry e1, at first I thought this was true. The CG even had a becon to go by, but now I hear nothing so I guess it was a hoax. They need to be found and charged, what it's like &1,500.00 an hour for copters. right.
Again, I am sorry, I thought it was real at first.

No need to apologize. When the distress call came in to the Coast Guard, and the calls went out to the emergency personnel, there was no reason for anyone to believe this was a hoax. Only after roughly 2 - 21/2 hours of searching and finding nothing, that determination was made. The moron that called this in should be the one apologizing, not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.