Chem Fire in Rahway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Allstate Power Vac
928 E. Hazelwood Ave.

Upon arrival of first unit, they skipped the 2nd alarm and went right to a 3rd alarm.
Now I belive it went to a 4th alarm.
Allstate Power vac is a chemical recovery company, chem clean up.
They also just called for Foam units from Linden, Elizabeth, Cartert, Springfield. Now called in for Power attack units from Elizabeth, Millburn and Newark. Also Union County Hazmat.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Mac-1 called for another alarm, and was told they exhusted all Union County units and will need to go to outside counties to cover the firehouse.

Coolant113

Is "Mac-1" a mutual aid coordinator? Because i am hearing multiple different "Mac" units. Also love your updates because the live audio feed is very poor.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Yes Mac-1 is a mutual aid coordinator for Union County, There about 12 of them from all diff cities in Union County. I think they send out for all fires in the county 4 "MAC" people. One for the command post, one for the rear "C" side exterior, one inside and one to lead the firehouse cover units.

At 1pm (1hour and 3 min) into the fire Mac-1 called in that major fire is knocked down and prob will hold. 3 engines and a truck from Middlesex county in Rahway HQ to cover. Perth Amboy also.

Oh and also all the "MAC" units are Chiefs or Deputy Chiefs.

1:15pm Rahway IC placed it under control. But I'm hearing some problems on the roof now.

1:21pm all units have "PAR" and I didn't hear of any injuries.

Oh btw, if I am wrong about the MAC units that respond, can you all correct me, I'm just guessing from all my listening. I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.