Rockaway Twp. signal (morris co.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Just curious????? rockaways(morris county) signal coverage (PD,FD,EMS) is amazing, they can be heard anywhere in the county, BUT it dosent stop there crystal clear down on the G.S.P. in the area of the Driscal Bridge, way down rt206 hunterdon county,out on 287 way up at the top of the state, and on and on . How high is there tower? the data base lists the street it is on but it is incorrect there is no antenna there. (No tower,NO high water tower or anything of any hight to mount a antenna/repeater)Why is there signal so powerfull. I was able to hear them on a rubber duck antenna on rt 3 in essex county once . Any one else experience this . Just curious.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Just curious????? rockaways(morris county) signal coverage (PD,FD,EMS) is amazing, they can be heard anywhere in the county, BUT it dosent stop there crystal clear down on the G.S.P. in the area of the Driscal Bridge, way down rt206 hunterdon county,out on 287 way up at the top of the state, and on and on . How high is there tower? the data base lists the street it is on but it is incorrect there is no antenna there. (No tower,NO high water tower or anything of any hight to mount a antenna/repeater)Why is there signal so powerfull. I was able to hear them on a rubber duck antenna on rt 3 in essex county once . Any one else experience this . Just curious.

The beauty of VHF and good elevation.

N2SWD

Jefferson Police and Fire

Jefferson police transmits at 45.80 mhz at over 1400 feet above sealevel, we have car coverage all the way down to Atlantic City, and can be heard even farther then that on certain days.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
surprised to hear that!!

Jefferson is the one Agency that i find has a very weak signal, I rarely hear them coming in clear , and i live in Mt.Olive .Thats just what i have experienced.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Jefferson police transmits at 45.80 mhz at over 1400 feet above sealevel, we have car coverage all the way down to Atlantic City, and can be heard even farther then that on certain days.

well thats a good shot anyway

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Tower location??

Anyone know where there antenna is located???

SCPD

QRT
Jefferson Township has a transmitter in Oak Ridge, which is in the northern section of the township. It's listed as 300 watts for output power on FCC website.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Jefferson Township has a transmitter in Oak Ridge, which is in the northern section of the township. It's listed as 300 watts for output power on FCC website.

EJM I dont believe the freq. you are refering to is PD Disp. According to the data base here. PD is 45.8000

SCPD

QRT
I'm correct.There is two license's. One is for Oak Ridge which is listed as 300 output power. The callsign is KRV-395 which is listed for 1 Base and 35 Mobiles at 300 output power. I help you out and you say i don't know what i'm telling you. Next time, do your homework and find the info yourself. 45.80 is licensed to this callsign.

Last edited:

DannB

Premium Subscriber
EJM thanks for your input

EJM I wasnt saying you dont know what you are saying ,and i did do my homework . The freq.. you refered to wasnt PD DISP. thats all i was saying.Im sure you know alot about this stuff..BUT don t get so defensive.JEEEEZ

BCC183

In Burlington County you can here Rockaway loud and clear on 154.220 if you drop the PL. Sitting at the fire dispatch console it is crystal clear back feeding off the Westampton Tower at 317 feet.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
BCC183 What do you mean "back feeding off tower"??

W2SJW

Database Admin
I've heard county answer units now and then on the paging channel (154.220) - I bet you what he means is that the tower locations are also remote receivers as well (back to the dispatch consoles).

At that altitude, I bet he can hear more than just Rockaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.