MICCOM Now Dispatching St. Clair's Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfr301

As of this past Monday, January 17th 2011 at 7am, MICCOM is now dispatching all EMS/Medic services for St. Clare's. Up until this time, this was handled by CENCOM.

MICCOM now dispatches every medic unit from river to river north of Route 80 to NY State.

On a side note, they will be dispatching St. Clare''s via MotoTurbo and NOT on 155.175.

Last edited:

joshua86

As of this past Monday, January 17th 2011 at 7am, MICCOM is now dispatching all EMS/Medic services for St. Clare's. Up until this time, this was handled by CENCOM.

MICCOM now dispatches every medic unit from river to river north of Route 80 to NY State.

On a side note, they will be dispatching St. Clare''s via MotoTurbo and NOT on 155.175.

So what happens to all the towns south of 80...no ALS or in some cases no BLS??...or did you just make a mistake?

mfr301

No, I'm saying that MICCOM dispatches everything river to river north of Route 80. Someone else dispatches the other stuff. CENCOM, MONOC, whatever. Just that MICCOM is the medic dispatch center for this area that's all.

So what happens to all the towns south of 80...no ALS or in some cases no BLS??...or did you just make a mistake?

joshua86

how about all the way in nothwest nj like up in sandyston and branchville..does 57 make it all the way up there or does 53 or even 55?..well now i guess they re 517 , 515 and 513 but thats beside the point. even when they were using 155.265 it was hit or miss whether or not i could hear the pages for st clairs trucks due to my location

cyrusmedic

The St. Clare's units still cover south of I-80. That would be Route 80 for you New Jersey people.

Every unit in the system has the chance to take a call anywhere at anytime given the AVL system and dispatch centers. There are different parts to the Visinet software. Some allow their units to be tracked by anyone in the state and some don't. Given that info if another Dispatch center was using Visinet and wanted to send the closest unit they could send someone they don't even dispatch given the information from the Visinet system. I believe the term for this part of the software is See All.

Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Are they using their own Mototrbo system or do they lease from someone? Does anyone run a linked Mototrbo/Passport/LTR system in NNJ?

Coolant113

what does MICCOM stand for? and why didnt they just keep there old call signs i.e 53,55,57 etc.? the new system is digital i assume? what happened with st. claires and CENCOM?

cyrusmedic

MICOMM has their own numbers.
First number is the agency
second number is the type of unit I.E. 0 nontransport ALS 1 Transport ALS, 2 BLS…
Third unit number.

I can’t say what happned between CenCom and St. Clare’s. But St. Clare’s can still talk to Cencom. When responding in as a back up unit to the cencom units they can still call them. CenCom doesn’t dispatch them anymore.
Northern New Jersey Mobile Intensive Care Consortium Not sure what it stands for

what does MICCOM stand for? and why didnt they just keep there old call signs i.e 53,55,57 etc.? the new system is digital i assume? what happened with st. claires and CENCOM?
MICCOM is now a very old acronym for Mobile Intensive Care COMmunications. It goes back to the "Hackensack Hospital" days (before it was a "university" or a "medical center") and the very early 80s (~1982) when Holy Name, Englewood, Pascack Valley, and Valley Hospitals received their Certificates of Need to operate Mobile ICU (NJ's term for paramedic) services in the region. MICCOM was a supply closet off the ER with a console wedged in. In the 80s, MICCOM used a MODAT system just like NYC*EMS used to for unit ID and status. Prior to 155.175 (and the first expansion to their ER), they dispatched the Hackensack Fire Department paramedic "project" on 155.340 (HEAR radio... we're talking late 70's).

I'm assuming you're talking about unit ID and not the FCC callsign. I also have no recent info on the politics of NJ dispatch. Other people can field those better than me.

Ed-N2QBZ

Rochester NY, Previously from Cedar Grove and East
MICOMM has their own numbers.
First number is the agency
second number is the type of unit I.E. 0 nontransport ALS 1 Transport ALS, 2 BLS…
Third unit number.

Almost:
First digit - Sponsoring hospital
1 - Hackensack
2 - Englewood
3 - Holy Name
4 - Valley
5 - St Clare's
7 - St Joe's
9 - Chilton

Second digit - Unit category
0 - Non Transport ALS
1 - Transport capable ALS
2 - Critical Care/SCTU (may serve as an ALS unit if needed due to call volume)
3 - BLS
4 - BLS
5 - Special event ALS
6 - Special Services (MCI support/Special Operations)
7 - Bjke teams?
8 - BLS supervisory staff
9 - ALS supervisory staff

Third digit - individual unit

Town based BLS has a four digit number where the first digit is the sponsoring hospital service area, the second and third digits are the squad number, and the fourth is the sequential unit number.

The contract was probably up and Miccom probably submitted a lower bid.

The Miccom web site has been under construction for over 5 years.

cyrusmedic

I know what they did for St. Clare's was list all the towns in the St Clare's Primary alphabetically. Then if St. Clare's Provided BLS services in said town then they would take that number. 5##1. That is the only rhyme and reason we were given for the BLS numbers.

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
They made this change. But never told any squads.

I don't really see what difference it makes whether they inform any agency outside of theirs. I might be confused, but why does this make a difference? They are operating as normal, just on a different frequency/system.

All of their units still have the ability to talk on any frequency they have in the past. They also have the ability to talk on the MUN EMS talkgroup on MIRS.

cyrusmedic

cbpuggs:
All Squads were notified along with Warren, Hunterdon, Morris and other county dispatch centers. Weather the squad captains told anyone is another story.

Some squad members mentioned to employees before there was in house training on the new system and numbers. Some squads started referring to the new numbers before the change even happened.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
I haven't listened to CenCom for a while now. At one point, they had stopped giving out the reason for dispatch, so it wasn't very interesting to hear units going to XXX town or YYY town...

But that's just me.

cyrusmedic

Once CenCom when to the MDT's there was no reason to anounce all the information. It really opened up the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.