New Jersey State Police Trunking Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

darticus

I have the old ones. Is there a new list? I'm using troop B Sussex County New Jersey. Has this all changed? How do you find this info? Thanks Ron

SCPD

QRT
It looks like you new to scanning. So to start what type of scanner do you currently have? Make? Model etc. It help us to direct you to the proper information.

Thanks

darticus

Thanks for getting back. I have a BC246T UNIDEN scanner with trunking. I did see I have the 26832 talk group in the scanner. Not sure how I put it in but still looking for other emergency helicopter groups to put in like medevac, Atlantic etc. Really need how to put them in. Thanks Ron

It looks like you new to scanning. So to start what type of scanner do you currently have? Make? Model etc. It help us to direct you to the proper information.

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would start by reading the following;

Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

Easier to Read BC246T Scanner Manual

That last one is important; Uniden's manuals aren't all that great.

Eventually you will want to use software to program your radio. But first, you need a USB-serial cable; after that, although ARC246 (available from Scanner Master) works with that radio, there are others as well;

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

Uniden DMA Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

DJ88

Thanks for getting back. I have a BC246T UNIDEN scanner with trunking. I did see I have the 26832 talk group in the scanner. Not sure how I put it in but still looking for other emergency helicopter groups to put in like medevac, Atlantic etc. Really need how to put them in. Thanks Ron

ALL med evac helicopters in New Jersey use either the NorthStar Talk Group (26832) or the SouthStar Talk Group (26800) when responding to trauma calls.

darticus

I don't know what they did to put the 26832 in my BC246T. Any chance you can give me steps to put 26800 into my scanner? Thanks Ron

ALL med evac helicopters in New Jersey use either the NorthStar Talk Group (26832) or the SouthStar Talk Group (26800) when responding to trauma calls.

AC2OY

Ok I'm sorry I'm slow I put one of those NJ State Police talk groups into my new scanner and it accepted the programming so now it will find every frequency in that group automatically? I assume that's a more practial way of programing your scanner because it finds all the frequency within that particilar talkgroup?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Ok I'm sorry I'm slow I put one of those NJ State Police talk groups into my new scanner and it accepted the programming so now it will find every frequency in that group automatically? I assume that's a more practial way of programing your scanner because it finds all the frequency within that particilar talkgroup?

You have to program the frequencies and some other information into the scanner and then program in the Talk Groups. Once you have the frequencies programmed, you can pretty much forget about them. What will decided which Troops and Special Units you get to hear is the Talk Groups, not the frequencies. The frequency stuff is in the background and only the scanner has to worry about them.

Enter the control channels as listed here in the database and make sure that the scanner is set for 'Control Channel Only" mode. After that, you won't have to worry about frequencies unless the system changes, but that's unlikely right now.

Go to the Wiki Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki and read up on trunking systems, it will be time well spent.

DJ88

You're not slow. Trunk systems can be difficult to understand. There are no frequencies within a talk group. Trunk systerms operate via a group of frequencies and users communicate on those frequencies via talk groups. Here's a brief explanation of how trunk systems work. It may help you understand a little better. In it, it refers to Group IDs. Group IDs ARE talk groups.
Overview of Trunking Radio Systems - Police-Scanner.info
If you're still having difficulty understanding, don't hesitate to post back and I or someone else will try to help you further.

AC2OY

Thank you DJ I understand what a Trunked system is. I remember back in the day when you had to but specifie frequency crytals for each agency...I read all about trunked and double and triple trunked and how a computer or a controller sends, and recieves, and assigns a frequency ....what I'm having trouble is all these coesd and numbers I thought for instance on the NJ State Police Data Sheet I found in somebody's link for a talkgroup you can input that instead of the raw frequency.

DJ88

Thank you DJ I understand what a Trunked system is. I remember back in the day when you had to but specifie frequency crytals for each agency...I read all about trunked and double and triple trunked and how a computer or a controller sends, and recieves, and assigns a frequency ....what I'm having trouble is all these coesd and numbers I thought for instance on the NJ State Police Data Sheet I found in somebody's link for a talkgroup you can input that instead of the raw frequency.

You can't input a talk group instead of a "raw" frequency, whatever that means. In order to receive anything you must enter either all of the frequencies or, if your scanner allows, just the control channel frequencies. If you chose to enter ony the control channel frequencies you must set your scanner to Control Channel Only or CC Only. Either way you do it your scanner will track the system and you'll receive the radio transmissions. It's just a matter of preference.

You also need to program your scanner for the type of trunk system, in this case, Motorola Type 2. Once you get all of that programmed, then you program the talk groups you want to listen to.

You can also program your scanner to receive either all active talk groups or just the ones you've entered and want to listen to. With Uniden scanners, to listen to all TGs program it for ID Search. To listen to ony the ones you have entered, program it for ID Scan. With Radio Shack scanners, there's Open and Closed mode. One allows all TGs to be heard and the other only the ones you've programmed, I don't use Radio Shack products so I don't know which is for which. I have no idea what you do with GRE scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.