Burlington County

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
While watching March Madness commercials interrupted by the games, I spent some time looking through the PW listings in the FCC ULS database I found a number of municipal frequencies that were unknown to me. More to come as they check out through monitoring. Two minor typos in the Burlco RR db if one believes the ULS is correct. No big deal, lesser-used CONVentional frequencies.

NJ - Burlington - Burlington Twp PD2 - 500.0625 => should be 501.0625 ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WIK805 - TOWNSHIP OF BURLINGTON - Frequencies Summary

NJ - Burlington - Medford (Borough) PD Ops 2 - 500.3375 => should be 501.3375 ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KNM938 - MEDFORD, TOWNSHIP OF - Frequencies Summary

HTH.

w2xq

Mentor
Looking at the ULS License Search - Advanced License Search data it would appear that 153.98 WGS399 would a likely suspect, judging from the number of base and mobile units on the license. But then I don't hear much activity on the local government Public Works frequencies around me until it snows. Probably have to scan most of the ULS data, and if you could activate a software hit counter? I'm too far from Cinnaminson to do so here.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
501.3375 used to be the primary PD channel and before that it was 500.6375. Both repeaters are still online but very seldom used.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Monoxide, it is 508.350, PL 127.3. For some reason this is in my county portable (D20 PW) and the input is 511.350.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Thanks Adam. Got that WAG wrong. On 508.3500, the FCC ULS shows the county license as WPMG459 (Radio Service: YW - Public Safety Pool, Trunked) and the Cinnaminson license as WIL992 (Radio Service: PW - Public Safety Pool, Conventional). Interesting.

wnjl

Anyone monitoring the Burlco system right now? The trunk system is having all kinds of problems...central and units are keying up and there's no audio. I assume it's tropospheric enhancement related?

w2xq

Mentor
I installed more almost two dozen municipality PW frequencies -- as best as one can tell from the ULS and the RadioReference data -- for all the townships around here (surrounding Mount Holly and Medford). I turned on the Win500 hit counter and set the LED signal light to alert me to activity on same. Nadda in the last week. The county highway department is active in the morning as people come to work and roll out to the day's assignments, but that's about it unless everyone is out plowing snow.

The FCC ULS data is a bit tough to identify. Whereas there are a number of municipal frequencies and a few are clearly SPEN, fire and school buses, most seem to have the police chief or the township clerk's office as the contact. I assume this is a holdover from pre-trunking days when each township dispatched their own personnel.

HTH.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
wonder what's going on with the system and still haven't herd anything on the public works frequencie lol

Well the system is not in failsoft mode so it's not a complete meltdown, just some kind of other failure I suppose. I hear them complainig about the unreadable unit(s) on WAR-1. That channel has been getting interfered with for months from an unknown source. I guess now someone may look into that issue.

wnjl

It must not be tropospheric enhancement related, because it's still going on and everything tropo-wise has burned off now around 1 PM. They just had a BLS unit switch over to the old E-1 channel...talk about a blast from the past!

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Just got word that Central can hear units calling on the trunked system but is unable to respond back to them. They are answering on the old VHF channels for fire and EMS respectively.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like there is an issue with units not affiliating with the North Central zone, mainly Fire & EMS. Police seems to be working OK. They were using the WAR and UTAC channels, those are quiet now. Eariler it was reversed, Fire & EMS had no problem, but Police did.

Monoxide16

does anyone know whats up with Palmyra im hearing them calling car stops and walkins but not hearing central give them calls i dont think it has anything 2 do with the system going down

Status
Not open for further replies.