Monoc North

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the flip was finally made. Heard EMS-8 and EMS-10 get dispatched on MONOC North this afternoon. Monoc East (Cencom East) and Monoc West (Cencom West) are totally silent. Surprised I could hear anything actually. Distortion is as bad as I have ever heard it. And this was on a rig radio not a scanner.

lion2479

MONAC North

That's good news, even though the signal isn't that great. It's better to have all on UHF 451.475 then have to monitor 155.355 East and 155.265 West. EMS 8 is covering Berkley Heights, Watchung, etc....EMS 10 covers Warren Twp and when needed will move to cover the surrounding towns. Did you happen to have a BCD396XT and pick up the 2-tones. MONAC North is very active and would love to set my scanner up for "Fire Page Out" with only those two in it, perhaps a few medic units near me, like Medic 1, 2, 3, 12 and 11. Any help would be appreciated. Love this scanner and the pager tone out feature. If you had to listen to MONAC North all the time with that amount of radio traffic, not even pertaining yo our local area of interest. We would have dead radio's in a matter of just a few hours. If you look up MONAC on RR wiki page it list some 2-Tones, we need to start filling these blanks in so the folks that enjoy using the newer scanners as listen only pagers can keep it locked into that frequency and specific unit they are interested in hearing toned out.

lion2479

Thanks...I guess I was a little tired, did you happen to see the time of the post . LOL

lion2479

That would be if you calculate it to EST. Why hasn't anyone answered the question that perhaps lives in Morris or Union counties? My spelling was checked and corrected, now if I could only get someone to help with my 2 tone question.LOL

W2SJW

Database Admin
The problem with the tone-out feature in the 396XT & 996XT is that you can only monitor ONE tone set at a time. You'll have to pick which medic unit you want to hear the most (or buy a used Minitor pager & get it programmed - they can handle multiple tone sets).

I helped a guy in Burlington County do that so his girlfriend could keep up on when he was going out on runs. I got him the info he needed for his department, I didn't actually program the pager! :D

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I don't know anything about their tones, but if they all used the same a or b tone couldn't you just enter that and it would go off for any tone?

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Scott-

I am pretty sure you can monitor for multiple tone sets. If the frequency and modulation are the same the radio will scan and listen for the correct tones.

W2SJW

Database Admin
That's where the confusion comes in as to what you want the XT to do, if you are searching for tones, it will show you everything that it hears on that frequency. If you want to monitor a channel silently until the tones drop, you are stuck on a single tone set.

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Not to hijack the thread but I am not talking about searching. If you program 2 (or more) of the "fire tone out" channels with the same frequency and modulation but different tones it scans them.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
A few of us are doing major work to the Union County Wiki. There's still plenty to go, but eventually all the tones in the county (including medics) will be in there. :D

Not to hijack the thread but I am not talking about searching. If you program 2 (or more) of the "fire tone out" channels with the same frequency and modulation but different tones it scans them.

Fact! I have it set up that way because us and Clark VES are dispatched on the same frequency, but Clark is our mutual aid.

Also if nobody's noticed...Kenilworth dumped MONOC like a bad habit. Now 100% KPD dispatched.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.