NJ Area Mototrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I recently upgraded my MTS2000 for a nice, shiny XPR6550 UHF. I have it loaded with analog stuff right now, as that is mostly what I need. But, I would like to add some TRBO stuff in there for Rx only to listen to. Anyone have the frequencies and codes for some TRBO stuff in the NJ area?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I recently upgraded my MTS2000 for a nice, shiny XPR6550 UHF. I have it loaded with analog stuff right now, as that is mostly what I need. But, I would like to add some TRBO stuff in there for Rx only to listen to. Anyone have the frequencies and codes for some TRBO stuff in the NJ area?

Don't have the list of frequencies front of me at the moment, but I can tell you that Atlantic Healthcare now runs their internal operations (non-municipal ambulances, MICU interal coms, medevac to medical control, facilities) on MotoTRBO. Hackensack AirMed-1 operates their internal comms on TRBO. There's also commercial entities like Jersey Gardens Mall amongst others, and utilities like Essex-Union Joint Meeting Sewage Authority that now are on TRBO.

AFAIK, there really isn't any public safety in the state running on TRBO. Could be wrong though.

DJ88

I think I read somewhere here that Ocean County College PD, Toms River, uses it. Although I'm in the area, I've never monitored them.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm

Don't have the list of frequencies front of me at the moment, but I can tell you that Atlantic Healthcare now runs their internal operations (non-municipal ambulances, MICU interal coms, medevac to medical control, facilities) on MotoTRBO. Hackensack AirMed-1 operates their internal comms on TRBO. There's also commercial entities like Jersey Gardens Mall amongst others, and utilities like Essex-Union Joint Meeting Sewage Authority that now are on TRBO.

AFAIK, there really isn't any public safety in the state running on TRBO. Could be wrong though.

Sure about that?

To be continued. BTW the more technical term IMHO should be DMR which TRBO is.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
I seem to remember a prior post that a Cape May County beach patrol was trying out this system. Stone Harbor?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Citywide Radio

NYC Buff group simulcasts with DMR. 461.225/460.975

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Cape May Co.

Stone Harbor Beach Patrol is using Trbo full time, the pd and fd use it as a tac channel. Also Upper Twp public works are using it full time. And now Upper EMS suppose to start using Trbo as an ops channel. Think its going to be Upper Fd/Ems 2 channel. As far as Atlantic Care down here they are not using it at this time. They did use it for about 1 or 2 months but ran into problems.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the updates. Does anyone have specific frequencies and codes for any of these agencies? And I'm also looking for the prudential center if anyone has the information for that. I know that they use a TRBO system as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WQOW380

Jersey Gardens Mall is using TRBO on frequency 464.71250 and 464.23750.

I do not know the code they are using to scramble transmissions..anyone finds out, please post it!

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Busted

Stone Harbor Beach Patrol is using Trbo full time, the pd and fd use it as a tac channel. Also Upper Twp public works are using it full time. And now Upper EMS suppose to start using Trbo as an ops channel. Think its going to be Upper Fd/Ems 2 channel. As far as Atlantic Care down here they are not using it at this time. They did use it for about 1 or 2 months but ran into problems.

Ran into problems,yes, be sure to modify those emission designators or you may be busted.

47 C.F.R. S: 1.903(a): "General rule. Stations in the Wireless Radio
Services must be used and operated only in accordance with the rules
applicable to their particular service as set forth in this title and with
a valid authorization granted by the Commission under the provisions of
this part, except as specified in paragraph (b) of this section." At the
time of the inspection, the agents found Atlanticare operating a mobile
relay station at an unauthorized location on a municipal water tower along
N. Liberty Street Road in Hammonton, New Jersey near the coordinates 39o
38' 49.25" North Latitude 074 o 47' 44.0" West Longitude. The license for
Station WQME366 authorizes the use of a mobile relay station at the
coordinates 39o 32' 01.4" North Latitude 074 o 40' 58.6" West Longitude
in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey. Station WQME366 is operating at a location
9.8 miles from the location authorized in its license. In addition,
Atlanticare was transmitting digital emissions on the frequency 154.4825
MHz. The license for Station WQME366 only authorizes FM narrowband analog
voice emissions (F3E) on the frequency 154.4825 MHz. The F3E class of
emission does not authorize digital transmissions.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Add Miccom to the list. That is how the St. Claire's Units are dispatched.
Also Hackettstown Hospital transport Ambulances

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Maybe

Can you montior mototrbo witha digital scanner ? or do you need a actual trbo radio ?

A quick search with Google or here on RR will get you more detail. But the answer is no for the scanner
and a maybe for a radio with knowing the proper color code (1 of 10).

Of course you need to know the TDMA slot too (1 of 2) possible.

But all of that may not matter because TRBO/DMA also have real deal encryption.

Encryption uses 10 32 or 64 bits, so if a user has programmed that.....forget about it.

KC2zZe

Quite the opposite is true. DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) allows for easy compliance with FCC narrowbanding rules. It is a not standards based form of digital radio (such as APCO Project 25) and was never designed for front line use in public safety (see Motorola's own website: MOTOTRBO Professional Digital Two-Way Radio System - Motorola Solutions USA ) - despite what a salesmen might tell you. DMR has very little to do with encryption (the fact that scanners can't currently decode DMR aside); it's basically a new emission designator that allows for more efficient spectrum use.

Last edited:

JRayfield

DMR is most definitely a "standards-based" form of digital radio. DMR is an ETSI standard and is available for any manufacturer to use.

John Rayfield, Jr.

Quite the opposite is true. DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) allows for easy compliance with FCC narrowbanding rules. It is a not standards based form of digital radio (such as APCO Project 25) and was never designed for front line use in public safety (see Motorola's own website: MOTOTRBO Professional Digital Two-Way Radio System - Motorola Solutions USA ) - despite what a salesmen might tell you. DMR has very little to do with encryption (the fact that scanners can't currently decode DMR aside); it's basically a new emission designator that allows for more efficient spectrum use.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Status
Not open for further replies.