O.C. Medevac channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
Apparently Ocean County is no longer using the SJ Net for L/Z assignments for Medevac. Does anyone know what Freq or T/G they will be using. I see a conventional in the RR database listed as 453.3875 with a PL of 107.2 and I was wondering if this was it.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Apparently Ocean County is no longer using the SJ Net for L/Z assignments for Medevac. Does anyone know what Freq or T/G they will be using. I see a conventional in the RR database listed as 453.3875 with a PL of 107.2 and I was wondering if this was it.

That is OC Medevac, which as you noted, is already in use. It's a simplex only tac channel, so the output of the ground units will obviously vary as to whether they're on a portable, mobile, or base radio.

Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
That channel and the 3rd fireground channel was discovered by me back in 2008,MEDEVAC was finally put into operation as of the new year.

Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
I just heard radio traffic on this channel for myself for the first time during the serious accident at Route 70 and Manchester Blvd in Manchester,I only heard Monoc 1 talking and not the landing zone commander.I'm not far from Bowker Field where the landing zones are. Seems like South Jersey Fire Net is stil being used for the helicopters to talk to Ocean County then they switch over to the UHF one.

There's currently an accident in Little Egg Harbor with Southstar coming in and county told the landing zone commander that the fire net will be used so it sounds like both channels are being used....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.