Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They'll be a fourth application in the system soon.

The system will be comprised of four simulcast zones of four to five sites each, each with five frequencies:

North

East

South

West

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
0005822094 was returned for a very minor error...they listed one of the sites in Burlington when it's really just over the line in Atlantic.

I'm surprised they never filed the application for the East simulcast...I saw the actual application, but it seems that it was never actually filed with the FCC.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; VM670 Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Any timeline as to when this system may go live?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Wonderful....the same outfit that convinced Camden county they needed encryption. I guess we can expect the same.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Wonderful....the same outfit that convinced Camden county they needed encryption. I guess we can expect the same.

Indeed, be prepared as all law enforcement in Burlington County will be encrypted just as Camden County has done. Soon, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic, Cape May, and Ocean Counties will be following suite... Scanner days in New Jersey are just about coming to an end...

Septa3371CSX1

Indeed, be prepared as all law enforcement in Burlington County will be encrypted just as Camden County has done. Soon, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic, Cape May, and Ocean Counties will be following suite... Scanner days in New Jersey are just about coming to an end...

Is this being done to hide things from the media?

phillydjdan

It's being done because of sites like these that stream police radio activity to smartphones, which the criminals then use to further their criminal acts. At least that's what they'll tell you, anyway...

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
yep to stop people from listening
There has been several agencies around here that freaked out when motorists/suspects had a feed on thier cell phones- memo's went out warning officers that these people were 'dailing' in to PD comms.
even maybe why there was interference with calls add that to the occasional wacker tx on PD /FD/EMS freq's BUT these same agencies were OK with the scanner at the fire house or ambulance building.....radio shops love the calls from the Chief of Police for more security to be added thier systems even after trying to explain how phone apps work etc and what has been said before in other threads - encryption in the newer radios are built in so a easy program change is all thats needed to make the Chiefs feel good

Analogrules

Yeah, I have an analog scanner and live in North Jersey. So far, I can still monitor most frequencies where I live in Union County. However, I am sure this crap will begin to spread all over the state and it is pointless to buy a $400 scanner, that still won't be able to pick up law enforcement broadcasts. I plan to stick with my analog scanner and use it for whatever is left that I could actually monitor. Hopefully FD and EMS won't all go encrypted too.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Bucks County has stated they will not encrypt their everyday police channels but have secondary channels encrypted for when they need to pass sensitive information. With the exception of Camden city I believe this is the trend other counties in the area should have followed. In my opinion it only gives the impression that the police have something to hide.

Septa3371CSX1

Some communities that have encrypted for a while in Jersey like Franklin (Somerset), Brick, Toms River, and Pennsauken are most likely doing it to hide things. The first three are often on lists of best places to live and the last one is right next to Camden. Obviously these communities don't want people to know what really goes on there. Obviously they won't say on the record that the reason they encrypt is to keep things hidden.

What I wonder is why no one has thought of setting standards in terms of delay times for such broadcasts? If this is their biggest fear then maybe delaying re-broadcast by 3-5 minutes would ease things up.

Back to the topic of Burlington County's T-band system suffering DTV interference, has this been a problem since the system first went online? What I really wonder is if NYPD ever experiences the degree of DTV interference these counties in New Jersey complain about? New York City is right by the ocean and if coastal ducting is the concern in NJ communities then wouldn't it be a concern in NYC?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I do not think delays for online feeds would satisfy certain departments that did not like their channels on broadcastify. Especially Camden city. I guess they're getting the last laugh now.

Burlco's DTV interference has been an issue since the DTV broadcasters went full power. The Burlco system was online prior to this and there wasn't nearly as many problems. I don't know if NYC being on the lower end of the T-Band helps them or not. Everything in south Jersey that was/is having DTV interference is mostly on 500MHz and above. Some moved down to 450-460MHz to get away from the interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.