Meadowlands Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
I was at last weekends Giants game and saw Meadowlands Ladder 1 driving around the area. I had no idea they had there own career department. What frequency do they operate on? I haven't heard any activity on the NJSP talkgroup for Meadowlands operations? I found a picture of the inside of Ladder 1, they appear to have multiple radios. Does anyone have any insight on this department and it's communications?

jaymatt1978

The Meadowlandds itself operates on a MotoBoro system which is completely unmonitorable with any scanner

I was at last weekends Giants game and saw Meadowlands Ladder 1 driving around the area. I had no idea they had there own career department. What frequency do they operate on? I haven't heard any activity on the NJSP talkgroup for Meadowlands operations? I found a picture of the inside of Ladder 1, they appear to have multiple radios. Does anyone have any insight on this department and it's communications?

AC2OY

Not being picky here jaymat, but it's MotoTRBO, just in case the OP isn't familiar with it.

Yeah just like they did st my current place of employment. I miss listening to the ole stomping ground!! How is that properly pronounced?! I just say Moto turbo but I'm quite sure that isn't correct.

AC2OY

Come on?!....I actually got it right? Their Fire Department has grown over the years and justifiably so,I remember one night in the backstretch a barn caught fire. That wasn't fun the horses were scared and I almost got kicked but all went well and no humans or animals hurt!!

K9one

Medowlands Fire Dept and EMS

A little info about the Meadowlands Complex there are two system in use.

One covers the whole NJSEA complex and here is link to the FCC info { ULS License - Non-Nationwide Public Safety/Mutual Aid, 220 MHz License - WQDS589 - NEW JERSEY SPORTS AND EXPOSITION AUTHORITY } the other is the system listed in the database for Metlife Stadium ( which recently under went an upgrade by adding equipment and frequencies.

FYI the Meadowlands FIRE and the Meadowlands EMS work for the NJSEA and not the Metlife Stadium which is privately owned. They are dispatched on the NJSEA system and if and when they respond into the stadium they are handed a Metlife Stadium radio to talk to the building command center.

Even during normal events ( concerts and Football games) in the building they use the NJSEA system and are given their jobs by the command center verbally to the EMS and FD personnel assigned to the building command center.

The Metlife System has numerous security talkgroups along with various other talkgroups (Operations, food, IT, cleaning)

KC2zZe

FYI the Meadowlands FIRE and the Meadowlands EMS work for the NJSEA and not the Metlife Stadium which is privately owned. They are dispatched on the NJSEA system and if and when they respond into the stadium they are handed a Metlife Stadium radio to talk to the building command center.

Even during normal events ( concerts and Football games) in the building they use the NJSEA system and are given their jobs by the command center verbally to the EMS and FD personnel assigned to the building command center.
So let me get this straight...two MotoTrbo systems are in use at the Meadowlands Sports Complex, on UHF (only at MetLife Stadium) and another 220 MHz (for the rest of the Complex), and somehow someone can't figure out a way to set up a fixed link of one or two talkgroups between the systems so that incoming public safety personnel would only need to carry one radio and someone doesn't need to be tied up on the "command" center just to relay messages back and forth?

Last edited:

K9one

meadowlands and metlife stadium

No I am not a fireman there. But I work at the stadium.

I do not what type of system the 220 system is all I know I can not monitor it. Yes the Metlife system is a Mototrbo system.

All I do know is that there is no interconnect between the two systems. But the command center is equipped a NJSEA radio.

As I have said in other post the stadium is also part of the Mutualink system.

SCPD

QRT
Frequency Stragglers at Medowlands Sports Cplx?

At one time the Meadowlands or NJSEA had 3 individual 800 Mhz conventional repeater frequencies; 858,859,860.2625 which never went NFM or re-banded due to the newer Mototurbo 220 and 440 systems for NJSEA and Met Life Stadium.

However, their 501.6125 Frequency formerly under the call sign WPLX616 is now F3 for East Rutherford Police for coordination at the sports complex under WQOE681.

NJSEA had a second frequency pair 502.3375 under
WPLX616 along with 477.1375 under KZA706 and have both have been renewed until 2023 as NFM 11FK3E.
Also, 453.0625 under WPBS238 and 453.1625 under WPCE403 have also been renewed until 2023 but are licensed as 2 watt portables using 20KF3E.
It just may be worth while listening to to see if activity remains on these STRAGGLER NJSEA Meadowland's frequencies:roll:?

Thanks for reading:cool:!

AC2OY

At one time the Meadowlands or NJSEA had 3 individual 800 Mhz conventional repeater frequencies; 858,859,860.2625 which never went NFM or re-banded due to the newer Mototurbo 220 and 440 systems for NJSEA and Met Life Stadium.

However, their 501.6125 Frequency formerly under the call sign WPLX616 is now F3 for East Rutherford Police for coordination at the sports complex under WQOE681.

NJSEA had a second frequency pair 502.3375 under
WPLX616 along with 477.1375 under KZA706 and have both have been renewed until 2023 as NFM 11FK3E.
Also, 453.0625 under WPBS238 and 453.1625 under WPCE403 have also been renewed until 2023 but are licensed as 2 watt portables using 20KF3E.
It just may be worth while listening to to see if activity remains on these STRAGGLER NJSEA Meadowland's frequencies:roll:?

Thanks for reading:cool:!

Yes in 1987 I bought my Realistic Pro 2006 for exactly that...they were on the then new 800mHz band,but you reminded that the cleaning department had separate radios then!! all security was 858,traffic859, and medical had 860,2625!! If there were three events and the racetrack all going on it got a bit crazy but the calls got through. Last year I saw a guy I used to work with in a Motorola Dealership in Belleville and were talking about the fact that their system can no longer be monitored but that is water under the bridge I suppose.

Last edited:

K9one

meadowlands and metlife stadium

Next Sunday ( Jets game) I will bring one of my other scanners and listen up on the other frequencies and see what pops up.

KC2PXV

I picked up a lot of NJSP activity on the Meadowlands talkgroup on the NJSP trunked system when I went to and from the Bon Jovi concert in August. All of their ops seemed to be on that channel (apprehending t-shirt dealers, disabled vehicles, open container enforcement, traffic stops, etc.)

AC2OY

I picked up a lot of NJSP activity on the Meadowlands talkgroup on the NJSP trunked system when I went to and from the Bon Jovi concert in August. All of their ops seemed to be on that channel (apprehending t-shirt dealers, disabled vehicles, open container enforcement, traffic stops, etc.)

Ok let me get this straight, Security uses a State Police talk group for event operations, but yet they have a Mototrbo system as well? From what you described that sounds like event staff chatter,except traffic stops very interesting.

jaymatt1978

Here it is the 220 is gone, no more. The stadium ITSELF run by the NJ Sports & Exposition Authority is on the Mototrbo system which handles ALL operations inside the arena, =Met Life Stadium, racetrack, etc. The NJSP handles all outside commsd

Ok let me get this straight, Security uses a State Police talk group for event operations, but yet they have a Mototrbo system as well? From what you described that sounds like event staff chatter,except traffic stops very interesting.

Last edited:

KC2PXV

Delayed reply, my fault. Just to clarify... all of those incidents that I listed appeared to be NJSP initiated type enforcement. Didn't hear security operating on an NJSP trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.