Milltown & Highland Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMR213

Whoa, thanks Robert! Five minutes in and I haven't heard a peep yet, but its awesome to be able to listen to the HPPD again! Hopefully there are no "issues" since it is a stream of a ProVoice system?

Would you be willing to clue us in as to what specific TG's you are monitoring (for both Milltown and HP)? Will let you know how it sounds on my end once I hear something. Thanks again!

TAMR213

Well I'm about 29 minutes into listening, and I just heard some very low volume scratching (like a mic inside of a pocket or something), and am now hearing beeps of variously pitched tones at irregular intervals (as if someone is pushing buttons on a keypad) at a higher volume.

Nothing else so far.

EDIT: Just heard what I assume was the Milltown Rescue Squad, reporting that they were heading to Saint Peters. Volume was very loud at first, then more "normal", but then went down to nothing (volume wise) towards the end of the transmission.

Last edited:

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Ok everyone you need to work with me on this I am using a radio set to receive only I don't have a desktop charger only a 6 bay charger and will be changing batt. out as needed to I get charger. The T.G.s are as follows Milltown all fire & EMS PD 1,2,3,4,5 events and boro-wide. Highland Park is OEM and Police Patrol if I find a channel is not within the TOS I will remove that TG.also I will need everyones help with getting radio volume set to where it needs to be.

Thanks
Bob

TAMR213

Ok everyone you need to work with me on this I am using a radio set to receive only I don't have a desktop charger only a 6 bay charger and will be changing batt. out as needed to I get charger. The T.G.s are as follows Milltown all fire & EMS PD 1,2,3,4,5 events and boro-wide. Highland Park is OEM and Police Patrol if I find a channel is not within the TOS I will remove that TG.also I will need everyones help with getting radio volume set to where it needs to be.

Thanks
Bob

Will do everything I can to help (volume, etc.). Regarding the battery: I assume we will be able to tell online when the feed is down (online/offline under "status")? Also, looking at the database, I see MPD 2-5 is listed as "tactical", would it be possible to add additional HP channels? Obviously your decision, and wouldn't want any violation of the TOS.

Just heard a few more comm's: Milltown EMS volume sounded good, maybe just a tad low. Then heard a quick MPD comm: volume was similar but a bit lower then the EMS comm (could have just been how the officer was speaking). Have yet to hear an HP comm, which is a bit surprising.

Thanks again for setting this up!

TAMR213

Just heard another comm from Milltown EMS, was loud and clear and volume sounds good. Then one from MFD, also sounds good but was a bit scratchy. As to HP talkgroups, really any that you would be willing to add. I am not sure what is and isn't allowed by the TOS, but as I said earlier MPD 2-5 are listed in the DB as tactical.

According to the database these are the HP talkgroups:
1850 - Dispatch
1856 - Talkaround
1851 - Off-duty special detail (construction site traffic control, etc)
1852 - Detective 1
1853 - Detective 2
1854 - Administration
1857 - Unknown
1855 - OEM

Still have yet to hear an HP transmission, but look forward to the time that I do. I've already said it a few times, but it can't be said enough: thanks for providing this feed.

TAMR213

I will add all but detective channels.

Awesome! Figured the TOS wouldn't allow detective channels.

Just heard a few HP transmissions, both sides are coming in somewhat low and static, with the officers side coming in with especially low volume.

TAMR213

Just heard another HP transmission, dispatch is a bit louder, but still on the low side. Some of the officers are also very low volume. It seems like some are louder then others, or even the same units are louder on some occasions and very quiet on others. Also still lots of some type of buzzing noise in the background.

EDIT (9:53pm): HP volume is still low, don't know if theres anything that you can do about it because Milltown is coming in at a good volume level.

Last edited:

TAMR213

So I've been listening all evening. Not much traffic (as might be expected for two small towns on a Monday night, lets see how it is tomorrow during the day), but thanks again for putting this feed up. As a resident of Highland Park it is greatly appreciated.

HP volume is still very low for the most part, but Milltown was good. Sounds like the battery might be getting low or dying now, as every 30 seconds or so there is a "beep-BEEP" sound.

TAMR213

Currently listening to the feed, and the volume on some HP units is so low that they are almost inaudible. Others are of adequate volume, and dispatch is usually somewhere in between.

TAMR213

Okay, so this is really weird:

I have the volume on my computer cranked up due to the volume issues with HP. Every so often I am very faintly hearing what sounds like it could be a husband and wife debating something. It is so low (even though I have my volume pretty much all the way up) that I can't even make out what is being said, just voices. It is definitely coming from the feed but is not HP or Milltown radio traffic.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, your getting some sort of background audio being captured through a microphone (maybe an onboard mic?) or something else. TAMR213 is right! I just heard a phone ringing in the background and could just about make out a voice saying something about "it being on the right"...

You probably don't want to broadcast your life too. LOL!

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Just checked background audio not coming from me also HP audio is low on there end was told they complained about radios to load and system was turned down that is the reason Milltown comes in loud and HP low stream will be down Wednesday till Saturday have computer rebuilt with multi video and sound cards and have radio reprogramed with what tamr213 requested plus adding county OEM & Hazmat anyone want something added let me know before feed goes back up

Bob

TAMR213

Just checked background audio not coming from me also HP audio is low on there end was told they complained about radios to load and system was turned down that is the reason Milltown comes in loud and HP low stream will be down Wednesday till Saturday have computer rebuilt with multi video and sound cards and have radio reprogramed with what tamr213 requested plus adding county OEM & Hazmat anyone want something added let me know before feed goes back up

Bob

Interesting, because there is definitely some sort of background audio (heard something earlier about a television remote), but as stated earlier its only audible if my volume is turned all the way up, and even then its barely audible.

Figured that the HP volume was low on their end, but find it interesting that they would complain about their radios being too loud. Still listening to the feed and it seems like HP is overall a bit louder then it was earlier, but it still varies greatly on which unit (including dispatch) is transmitting. Sorry for the novice question but, with multiple sound cards would the variation in volume be at all correctable?

Thanks again for being so open to requests and feedback, and for hosting this feed in the first place.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
I hope with the new setup I can control volumes a little more on input side which may help also hope that when I get to radio settings I can ajust hp volume on radio not changing milltown only time will tell.

GM

Premium Subscriber
When Highland Park PD had their radios installed last year, the officers complained during various radio checks that the receive volume was too loud. If I recall correctly, the gain control on the mics was adjusted to not be as sensitive and results in a low volume on the output most of the time. What you hear on the feed is exactly how I hear them on my Jaguar 700p radio, so it's not a feed issue. I've also heard the dispatcher various times ask for officers to repeat their transmissions due to low audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.