Jersey Central Power & Light - P25 Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

It looks like JCP&L has started the migration from the analog Type-II to their new P25 replacement.

I need others to scan around 935-940MHz for new P25 control channels in the northwest part of NJ & down the shore (if you would be so kind!).

The closest tower to John & I here in Warren County is Harmony, and it's showing 3 other site neighbors (so this new system looks to have many more sites than the old 2 simulcasts of the original).

Also, the infrastructure is definitely not Motorola (as noted by the never-before-seen WACN in use - Motorola systems always use BEE00).

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What is Site 38 broadcasting as the active control channels for sites 33, 35, and 37?

W2SJW

Database Admin
That is the crazy part, as per John - they are changing constantly!
o5gxFPf.jpg

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Also, the RFSS for these new sites is 10, not 1.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Fixed that now as well - this means we need to enlarge the coverage of that current system to be more than just Allegheny Power.

And them mix of VHF & 900 is really strange as well.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The beauty of P25 systems is that you can easily mix sites across different spectrum. There are examples in the database of mixed VHF/700/800 systems. I'd like to take a look at the band plan the system is broadcasting. Wouldn't be a bad idea to fire up Unitrunker or Pro96Com to take a look at it in more detail than DSD+ typically provides.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Please do. I cannot hear Harmony from here & was wondering if you could possibly hear anything from potential Sussex County sites.

I'm actually watching the NJICS right now on DSD+ - I've never used it to watch a P25 CC before...

joey123

Premium Subscriber
can this system be pick up on a scanner and if so could I here it from canden county nj I live in cherry hill nj

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yes to a scanner, but highly unlikely for you.

You live in an area serviced by PSE&G or Atlantic City Electric.

Sent from may Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6

Joseph11

Nothing heard on the Toms River (Lacey) or Lakewood sites from Bayville.

elias1988

Feed Provider
It's possible the southern sites aren't online yet judging by the FCC buildout deadlines,North is April 25th while South is May 24th.

elias1988

Feed Provider
I see more sites have been added to the DB,I currently have Unitrunker fired up on the Lakewood site. Control channel is very weak. Adjacent sites are Matawan,Upper Freehold and Oyster Creek.

Last edited:

Joseph11

What frequency are you getting Lakewood's CC on? I'm just over 6 miles away from Oyster Creek and I'm hearing nothing yet on the Lacey frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.