New Somerset Co TRS Changes- Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I honestly have no idea - I asked my friend last night who works for the county in the radio repair division & he said he has no clue what the changes are for (i.e. - above his pay grade!)

W2SJW

Database Admin
Also maybe Bound Brook. They are the only 3 left.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
With Dunellen operating off the system, and supposingly happy, maybe Piscataway might be interested?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
piscataway is part of the new Middlesex Co 700 p25 system, I thought

The changing that they're doing may indicated they can't reach a happy medium. Piscataway is so large and spread out with many low areas previously farm areas. May be tough getting reception all over.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
They probably tuned to one of the statecom talkgroups. I believe that all the county 700 radios have those programmed.

Septa3371CSX1

and why Somerset County has the need to Encrypt their "radio maintenance" comm channel, i will never understand.

To pass along sensitive information (user names/passwords to log onto terminals at tower sites for example). They also do it to test the encryption capabilities.

Bound Brook might not want to give up their self dispatching. I'm not sure if Somerset Co wants everyone to migrate to county dispatch or not but I know that's the case in Monmouth County. Then again a few municipalities in Somerset Co have used the county TRS for years with self dispatching.

W2SJW

Database Admin
To pass along sensitive information (user names/passwords to log onto terminals at tower sites for example). They also do it to test the encryption capabilities.

Bound Brook might not want to give up their self dispatching. I'm not sure if Somerset Co wants everyone to migrate to county dispatch or not but I know that's the case in Monmouth County. Then again a few municipalities in Somerset Co have used the county TRS for years with self dispatching.

LeRoy Gunzelman had it in his 'grand vision' when he was still in charge of OEM & county central dispatch that everyone would be going to county - the mass migration just occurred a bit after his retirement...

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Today I am seeing a Bound Brook radio attempting to affiliate (Denied) to TG 369 and 380 on the NJICS Hunterdon Site. I am guessing it is trying to roam over the NJICS system from the Somerset System or the radio is totally mis-configured.

Just heard county call Middlesex cars over the Region 4 channel. So maybe Middlesex Borough got in on the whole deal like Dunellen did. So Region 4 now possibly SBB, Green Brook, Dunellen, Middlesex.

Interesting. Will continue to listen to confirm more.

Status
Not open for further replies.