Ho-Ho-Kus PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
No. I would guess since Ridgewood next door is P25, may have something to do with it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I did notice that during the 2-3 month time period just prior to the switch over, there were an increasing number of instances in which portable radio coverage was less than satisfactory. I assumed there was a satellite receiver somewhere that wasn't working property, or not working at all - maybe a bad antenna at the repeater site could have been the culprit as well. Perhaps the switch to P25 will provide better portable coverage throughout the Borough. Washington Township seems to be having troubles with portable coverage with narrow band analog; perhaps they'll be next. Hawthorne is having similar issues too.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Hearsay says that the Salesman makes the pitch when new radios are needed and sells half truths about digital being mandated in the immediately future, or as stated in this case, Ridgewood went so its helpful to have them in their radios;
I notice several licensees converting to DMR must be the same salesman - The RF freq these agencies have was good enough for FM now DMR if for no other purpose because .....try and ask them the answer is not very clear

Status
Not open for further replies.