Middlesex CO P25 system scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
my town is making the switch to the counties p25 phase 2 system in the next week or so. i havent had to do much scanner programming as we have been on a VHF system since i joined the FD 20 years ago. i just ordered a scanner to monitor. The last time i programmed a trunk system it was for piscataways mot type II system, where all freqs had to be put in, base channel and offset. everything on the internet is very vague about programming this type of system in. just looking for some basic beginning tips, once i get the system programmed in i can get eh TGID i need.

Thanks in advance

GM

Premium Subscriber
Which type of scanner did you order? And what specifically are you trying to monitor on the Middlesex County P25 Trunked system? As you may be aware, most township law enforcement are encrypted on this system, along with the County Fire Marshals Office. Once we have that information, we can proceed from there as to what to do.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Sorry I didn’t want to get into specifics on the scanner since this is not a model forum. Scanner is the uniden bcd325p2. Only the PD in my town is encrypted and even though as of now the databases here only show one TG for fire we actually have 6 FD, 3EMS, 1 OEM a boro wide and 2 inter angency TGs I want to monitor along with the county Mutual aid

Last edited:

GM

Premium Subscriber
Ok that is an excellent choice. I will send you a Private Message, as I have the same exact scanner and can help you get set-up in a quick amount of time.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Sorry I didn’t want to get into specifics on the scanner since this is not a model forum. Scanner is the uniden bcd325p2. Only the PD in my town is encrypted and even though as of now the databases here only show one TG for fire we actually have 6 FD, 3EMS, 1 OEM a boro wide and 2 inter angency TGs I want to monitor along with the county Mutual aid

How about sharing the talkgroups so they can be added to the database ?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdsxfire

EDBM
As soon as I get them I will gladly share them, is this system simulcast because there is a site in my town prob a mile from my house and it seems to be having problems finding the control channel. I’m at my firehouse now and can see the orange antenna on top of the tower but scanner says finding control cjannel

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have to check the license but judging by your distance the front end is probably getting overloaded. Try to attenuate the signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdsxfire

EDBM
I’m in Middlesex boro and I’m pretty sure the cell tower behind our boro hall is a county site. I seem to not be picking up all TG that are transmitting when I’m ID search. I have our mutual aid portable and when keying up on the various channels the scanner isn’t picking them up at all. I am picking up various other TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.