NJSP Medevac CentralSTAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
REMCS just had NorthSTAR decline a job on JEMSTAR North in Perth Amboy for weather, and is now attempting to raise CentralSTAR. Guess the old SouthSTAR assignments got revived for the central state?

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
I undoubtedly heard "CenterStar" during that dispatch yesterday. CONFIRMED

I also have heard SouthStar dispatched to numerous medical evacs as recent as weeks ago.

EDIT: I cant confirm it was actually SouthStar, just medevac ops on that talkgroup.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
They never said central star........ they said JEFFSTAT there is no such thing and there never will be. The old “south star “ is used for searches and to transport the governor.

It was either CenterSTAR or CentralSTAR. It was heard by numerous parties across the state. Also, the assignment was in Perth Amboy. JeffSTAT-1 by protocol will not be offered a job that far north unless NorthSTAR, Atlantic Air-1, Hackensack-1, and Cooper-1 have declined in that order, availability depending.

I would, again, imagine that the old SouthSTAR assignments (we're talking about medical crew) were revived for this.

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

I have to say, I monitor REMCS on an almost constant basis <awake time>. I do not remember hearing either centerstar. or southstar.

I do remember the recording from last night. I thought they called pennstar, and was wondering why they would. This leave's us to speculate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devilz311

I’m a flight medic in NJ and this is news to me... I’ve been off for a week though, and we only monitor the South channel. I’ll keep my radio on scan the next few nights.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
just curious, what frequency or system and talkgroup did you hear this on ?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Extra bird up for the gubernatorial inauguration, perhaps?

If they were detailed however, it's unlikely they would have been on the board for a Go Request. And it's not like SouthSTAR would need medical coverage since they're not flying medical anymore.

I&#8217;m a flight medic in NJ and this is news to me... I&#8217;ve been off for a week though, and we only monitor the South channel. I&#8217;ll keep my radio on scan the next few nights.

In this state it wouldn't surprise me if they did it without telling anyone but REMCS and the crew they scheduled to work it. Heh.

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

Just my 2 cent's. If it was for the election, I don't think it would have received a "star" designation, unless performing a medical mission. I believe if it was law enforcement =, it would be operating off of division call, and/or general aviation. .

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
i seriously cant believe this is still a thing. The state hasn't hired any new flight medics or nurses. There is no new medevac CentralSTAR. SouthSTAR has not run medical calls in years. This speculation crap is too much.

The state has done nothing but make budget cuts and drop services what would change that all of a sudden? Did they hire Nicholas Cage and he discovered a hidden treasure somewhere? The state didnt go out and spend millions secretly on a new helicopter or even a used one to add to its fleet. If the state was planning on a new medevac we would've 100% heard something by now. Until anything is official stop speculating!

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
One of my birdies told me CenterSTAR was put up to cover the inauguration in Trenton and the ball at MetLife. It's not a permanent ship.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
One of my birdies told me CenterSTAR was put up to cover the inauguration in Trenton and the ball at MetLife. It's not a permanent ship.

Mystery solved. Thanks Castor for your kind and informed answer.

They may have said CenterSTAR but there is no such medevac...

Looks like there was for at least one night. See CastorLB's post above. And no need to be uncivil sir as it was merely a discussion of an anomalous callsign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.