Emergency medical services in Hudson County

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2zZe

Two questions:

A) what frequencies is West New York EMS using for their dispatch / operations / tactical traffic?

B) has the reorganization/name change from Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center to Hudson Regional Hospital had any impact on the provision of BLS or ALS care in the Town of Secaucus?

AlexC

Database Admin
Most city/town based EMS in Hudson County are dispatched on their police dispatch channels. Union City, Hoboken, West New York, Weehawken, etc., are all dispatched that way. For ALS you will want to track Jersey City Medical Center as their dispatch will send their ALS anywhere in Hudson County. They have the Certificate of Need for the area for that level of service.

All the frequencies you need to monitor these agencies are in the database.

The exceptions or maybe hard to find ones (?) might be the privates. They likely use Mototrbo systems that they own or lease, and possibly cellular PTT. Some may have their own repeaters as well (McCabe I believe is all Mototrbo these days but it's been ages since I have listened).

KC2zZe

The RR database lists three police frequencies for West New York. Which one is used for EMS purposes? I'm assuming Police 1?

The RR database still lists Meadowlands EMS as Meadowlands EMS, this despite the name change of the parent hospital. Therefore, I ask again, has the reorganization/name change from Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center to Hudson Regional Hospital had any impact on the provision of BLS or ALS care in the Town of Secaucus?

Last edited:

AlexC

Database Admin
WNY would be Police 1, listen for EMS1/2/3 for jobs.

No clue on meadowlands/hudson regional. You'll just have to listen. ALS should be provided by Jersey City Medical Center.

If you want to see name of channels updated you can always submit a database request and they can be taken in to consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.