Suffolk County Comms NXDN (In NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipfd320

Banned
Suffolk County in N.J.--There is None--in New York Yes???---Do You Mean Sussex County N.J.

Or Are You Saying that there is Some Txmissions from Suffolk County Long Island Being Heard

Im A Little Lost on this Due to the Heading You Posted

elias1988

Feed Provider
The name of the company is Suffolk County Communications, Inc. I’ll be purchasing the NXDN key in the next couple of days and I’ll see if I get anything with the Neptune site.

ipfd320

Banned
Ah OK Now I Understand--They Have Txmitters in Plainview and Way Out East Site Towers on Long Island==We Have Our Gmrs Repeaters In Plainview and Selden Locations Also

Suffolk Comms Also has Equipment in the Selden Location Also if I Remember Correctly

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I am not really sure I am in range but I ran discovery on the Budd Lake site for about 12 hours and got no hits.

Darkstar350

Suffolk County Comms is also known as Long Island Radio, but they have repeaters/sites at several locations on and off Long island as do many private carrier radio companies
Popular sites are usually the North shore towers building in queens, a big commercial radio tower in Plainview near the 495 and some mountain in New jersey
Those locations have good elevation so putting repeaters there makes for decent coverage in the tri state

The activity on the system is mainly school buses, tow trucks and oil trucks so far

I too have been getting 462.5375 here in Nassau ny coming up as "Site 4" which is not confirmed yet
462.5375 is licensed at most of the sites in both NY and NJ so im wondering if its actually a simulcast site...

Status
Not open for further replies.