encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2wtj

I heard a rumor that has soon has of next year all comms will no longer be encrypted? is this true? or is it too good to be true?

Danny37

All of it...will be no more...everything we will be able to hear with out encryption

Sounds like a pipe dream, unless some federal law mandites it'll never happen. We'll see what will happen with Colorado and see how that pans out.

troymail

Silent Key
Rumors mean nothing - they might be true - but then again, they might not.

I just read an article in the news about a fairly new road - it was first proposed in 1955 but the first cars didn't drive on it until about 3 years ago.... so, in that case, I guess the rumor was true (60 years later).

If an agency or jurisdiction makes an official public announcement that they are doing something or you actually see it first hand after it happens, only then will it mean anything.

Repeating a rumor doesn't make it so.

ansky

Even if some government mandate disallowed encryption, you can imagine that any agency currently using encryption would fight tooth and nail to overturn that decision. Appeals for such a thing could drag on for years.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Someone on N3KZ must have told you this nonsense. Sounds like something that would come from there.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Someone on another group I'm a member of is spreading the rumor that the new Uniden scanner will have a paid upgrade that will break all encryption. I don't know where that started or why they believe that is even possible, but anyone who knows anything about advanced digital encryption standards will realize that this will not happen.

- Chris

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Any body with knowledge of communication, law enforcement, government will know that to be a rumor, lie, trolling.
I am amazed that people believe such stuff. But then again, they saw it on the internet, so "it must be true!".

But it does make for popcorn and your favorite beverage while reading these accurate infos on the net.

troymail

Silent Key
Someone on another group I'm a member of is spreading the rumor that the new Uniden scanner will have a paid upgrade that will break all encryption. I don't know where that started or why they believe that is even possible, but anyone who knows anything about advanced digital encryption standards will realize that this will not happen.

- Chris

I think I saw in another thread that the new Uniden will make waffles (actually, I stayed out of that thread all together - just saw the title) LONG before it will break any encryption.... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.