Nj ics monoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,
Im located in Long Branch and curious which ICS site to use for MONOC. I tried Freehold, Neptune and Telegraph hill (as suggested) and cannot receive them as I am out of range.

Any help is appreciated.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Hi All,
Im located in Long Branch and curious which ICS site to use for MONOC. I tried Freehold, Neptune and Telegraph hill (as suggested) and cannot receive them as I am out of range.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm going to assume you have the Long Branch IR programmed in there, but if you don't, that might help. Also try adding the Wall and Cranbury IRs as well as the Bordentown Simulcast.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to assume you have the Long Branch IR programmed in there, but if you don't, that might help. Also try adding the Wall and Cranbury IRs as well as the Bordentown Simulcast.

I actually did not do Long Branch as I assumed that, that site (along with howell) were only for their radios.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I actually did not do Long Branch as I assumed that, that site (along with howell) were only for their radios.

I've gotten MONOC TGs as far north as New Brunswick, so I'm going to hypothesize that they have many more sites programmed in. With a system as large as MONOC, I wouldn't be surprised if they have most of the sites, much like RWJ does.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I have heard them on the Hunterdon site a few times, so they seem to have access to a large part of the network, unlike JFK for example, which get denied on Hunterdon.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I have heard them on the Hunterdon site a few times, so they seem to have access to a large part of the network, unlike JFK for example, which get denied on Hunterdon.
Agreed. They probably have similar site access to the medevacs, given that they have one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rr60

Premium Subscriber
The Long Branch site was active Monday, some traffic from various MONOC TG's. Fish and Game & Parks, I believe I saw Long Branch PD TG pop up encrypted. Also heard a long REMU conversation testing coverage of TPK system on a portable in a car (never makes sense to me). Lastly REMU chat about possible "phantom" system busy's being reported by troopers as a result of cross system users and different controller software V 7.x and another on the 800 system.

Check your sites are on and departments on, check proper service types and make sure the system gets loaded on boot. Long Branch sounded good to me.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
So I hear MONOC on telegraph frequently just not 201 and 206 which are the only 2 units I really care about. 206 is sporadic and I only hear control calling 201 but never hear them answer.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
From Ship Bottom youre going to want the Bordentown simulcast of the NJICS. That's probably the only one you'll receive well from there as there are towers in Warren Grove and Chatsworth. And it does carry MONOC South at least. And sometimes North.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
I'll try the Long Branch site and check my settings. I'm fairly new to trunking and only have programmed the Monmouth County TRS in so far.

I was under the impression that the LB site was only for LB; Glad that the LB site is for the whole ICS system.

Thanks!

scannersnstuff

In a very brief perusal of the LB site, the other night, Monoc one was on a mission, It never hit the LB site,for control. I will experiment further.

scannersnstuff

Copied Monoc control on tg 4733, control with ocean unit 212. Monoc one,in flight comm's with control, on Neptune. Nothing on LB site.

KC2zZe

Also heard a long REMU conversation testing coverage of TPK system on a portable in a car (never makes sense to me).
I presume that you're assuming that there is a mobile radio installed in an assigned vehicle in the first place (which can fail, resulting in the officer / trooper / member needing to resort to using a portable until the vehicle is brought to the shop to go out of service for repairs, if not for the remainder of tour), and that they'd be using the mobile instead of a portable. While that's often the case, some officers / troopers / members like to monitor their home talkgroup and the talkgroup for whatever area they may be in at a given moment for situational awareness of their surroundings - using the mobile radio for one task, and the portable radio for another (usually with the home talkgroup via portable, this way, if they get out of the vehicle, they don't have to mess with it to talk to who they are supposed to be talking to).

Status
Not open for further replies.