NJ DEP Fish & Wildlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
I monitor the fish & wildlife freq.very active channels North & South . But I never hear anything on the Central Freqs. and the area that is covered by Central I do not hear North or South covering , Thanks in advance for any info.

W2SJW

Database Admin
You have a very valid point here - I don't think I've EVER heard any traffic on that talkgroup at all. I know nosoup4u runs activity logs on the NJSP & NJICS looking for potential new talkgroups - maybe he can chime in if he's ever seen traffic on TG 2607...

GM

Premium Subscriber
The F/W Central and F/W Marine talkgroups are in their radios, however they are seldom used I was told. They also have a F/W Tac 1 and Tac 2, along with F/W Statewide Ch. 11 & Ch. 12, but are not used currently.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Looks like the SSD drive in my Unitrunker PC did not survive my move. I am trying a few things to see if I can revive it.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
My drive is dead but I had a backup of the Unitrunker.xml file. I do see some activity on Central, but not much at all.

W2SJW

Database Admin
They are on the NJICS full-time. This morning there are a group of units using 'Central' for a special event. I heard activity there 3 weeks ago as well...

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Also just to confirm I listen every day to the NJDEP Forest firefighters frequencies on Channel 6 7 8 and 9 and they are still on they're old VHF hi frequencies that they always used.

My understanding is they will never change over.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Also just to confirm I listen every day to the NJDEP Forest firefighters frequencies on Channel 6 7 8 and 9 and they are still on they're old VHF hi frequencies that they always used.

My understanding is they will never change over.
Correct. The Fire Wardens feel the VHF analog channels are the safest bet for emergency operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.