Middlesex County P25 System New TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac-1

I can pickup middlesex county in union with out any problems on my SDS100 and along rt 22 all the into somerset county check your antenna connections and freqs

Tac-1

do you have uniden bcd325 or uniden bcd325P2 if you only have uniden bcd325 then you wont be able to receive any P25 Phase 2 systems

I get Mid Ct L/C full signal bars on my SDS100 and Pro668 with stock antennas im in linden about a mile north of Rahway so i see no reason for you not to get the system in Elizabeth 3-4 miles away from me unless your radios are not compatible ,not programmed correct or line of sight is being block by a tall building

Tac-1

have not check basking ridge area but next time i have to go to that area i will check to see if i can receive Mid Ct

lovescanner

i just have the 325 a freind who is on this list said the same thing as i said i wish i could hear them here
but i also go out towards 22 and somerset county i get them for a little

Rtd208

Premium Subscriber
I have been getting some information that Carteret is looking to possibly jump onto the county system and they are in the process of doing some field testing but nothing is confirmed as of yet.

Tac-1

Middlesex County TG's are based on the towns in Numerical order (towns number times 1000)

0. County 1- 999
1. Carteret Borough = TGs 1000
2. Cranbury Township
3. Dunellen Borough
4. East Brunswick Township
5. Edison Township
6. Helmetta Borough
7. Highland Park Borough
8. Jamesburg Borough
9. Metuchen Borough
10. Middlesex Borough = Tg's 10000
11. Milltown Borough = Tgs 11000
12. Monroe Township
13. New Brunswick City = Tgs 13000
14. North Brunswick Township
15. Old Bridge Township
16. Perth Amboy City
17. Piscataway Township
18. Plainsboro Township 18000
19. Sayreville Borough
20. South Amboy City
21. South Brunswick Township
22. South Plainfield Borough
23. South River Borough
24. Spotswood Borough
25. Woodbridge Township

TG18191 Plainsboro Township more than likely a police TG

Police Tgs 100
Fire Tgs 200
EMS tgs 300

Example: Catreret Police should be 1101 Dispatch : Fire Dispatch 1201 : EMS 1301 if and when they go online

Last edited:

Tac-1

today i had goto morristown, flemington and trenton so got a chance to test out middlesex county P25 on I-287

I-287 from morristown to where the road splits by I-78 Zero Signal, starting by split i was able to pickup about 90% all the way down to exit 17 and then all the way down Rt202 to the three bridges area and then put scanner back on scan was able to Morris Ct down rt202 and rt31 to harbor town rd area

also was pick a fire department on TG81 Eng 401 and PD on 18191 maybe west windsor was giving pole number with WW prefix

Tac-1

Using broadcastify feed i confirmed tg 18191 is a patch to West Windsor Township Police

also tg 2101 is active should be Cranbury PD

mdsxfire

EDBM
The question is can you pick up Middlesex County over the hill in Somerset County in places like Basking Ridge?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have picked it up over the mountains in new providence down past Flemington on 31, and on my current trip to Florida I was in northern philly still listening, all on a stock antenna on a unication g5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
I'm pretty sure the tower in Middlesex borough is directional which is pointed away from Somerset County and will be concentrating signal into Middlesex Borough and surrounding Middlesex County towns. So far no one has been able to receive Middlesex County p25 system in the southern part of Bernards Township with any receiver with the stock antenna.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tac-1

I was using a tram multi-band mini mag mount

https://www.amazon.com/1089-BNC-Mini-Magnet-800mhz-1-BNC-Male-Connector/dp/B01DY8FOK0

Unication g5 will do a better because its only has two bands better filtering its drawback it does very little for the money its good if you only need to monitor one two systems i almost bought one just before SDS100 came out.. with SDS100 i have no problem with any system so far and lot more features like DMR

and as to directional in middlesex boro i think the FCC rule for 700 mhz county systems is you have to kept the most of signal within 5 miles of your border, this is why they are using directional antennas so you may not get a signal much more than 5 miles without without using a hi gain antenna

mdsxfire

EDBM
I was using a tram multi-band mini mag mount

https://www.amazon.com/1089-BNC-Mini-Magnet-800mhz-1-BNC-Male-Connector/dp/B01DY8FOK0

Unication g5 will do a better because its only has two bands better filtering its drawback it does very little for the money its good if you only need to monitor one two systems i almost bought one just before SDS100 came out.. with SDS100 i have no problem with any system so far and lot more features like DMR

and as to directional in middlesex boro i think the FCC rule for 700 mhz county systems is you have to kept the most of signal within 5 miles of your border, this is why they are using directional antennas so you may not get a signal much more than 5 miles without without using a hi gain antenna

I can tell u I have received this system well beyond 5 miles from the border.

Looked at buying an sds for a more base type use, I’m spoiled now being able to carry my g5 around every where I go, but I’m only listening to one system at a time.

On topic I would love to find out what the other TGs are, I heard rumors that Piscataway was thinking about switching over, dunellen thinking about using Middlesex system with Somerset County still dispatching. A lot of the individual systems in county are getting old and prob very expensive to maintain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.