Bergen County 2C4 700 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Stag Hill is on the air for limited testing as Bergen begins to incorporate 700 MHz into the existing 2C4 ASTRO 25 system.

Site 3 with a control channel of 770.60625 (alternates of 770.09375, 771.55625, and 772.09375)

Eventually 700 MHz will be built out at the remainder of the licensed subsites on WQYU616 and WQYU618, ultimately resulting in a single countywide simulcast cell.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Thanks GTR.

I’m assuming all said and done it will be upgraded to a fully Phase 2 TDMA System.

Assuming the infrastructure for 700 will go up, then radios replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The system is already Phase II capable, and is broadcasting a 700 MHz TDMA IDEN_UP.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Stag Hill is on the air for limited testing as Bergen begins to incorporate 700 MHz into the existing 2C4 ASTRO 25 system.

Site 3 with a control channel of 770.60625 (alternates of 770.09375, 771.55625, and 772.09375)

Eventually 700 MHz will be built out at the remainder of the licensed subsites on WQYU616 and WQYU618, ultimately resulting in a single countywide simulcast cell.

Thanks for added all of this! Have you heard anything on any of the 700 CC's yet?

radiomanNJ1

You cant get 2 small boroughs to agree on anything in Bergen.. Funny how in other counties and states there are common used systems and they can talk to each other. Shame on them I guess for getting along with each other for the publics good.

radiomanNJ1

700 MHz does not have to be phase II any more, It was that way when they started up that band. It does make sense to be phase II.

New radios will probably be ordered since 470 is "supposed" to go to business.
8000 portables will allow them to talk to everyone even those that refuse to use the system.

minasha

Bergen County Stag Hill

I am receiving a solid trunking signal from the new stag hill site but haven't heard any transmissions.
Has anyone been receiving transmissions?

edisonfire

Burlington County, Hunterdon, Ocean for the most part, Camden, Gloucester counties all have/use central dispatch systems. Hunterdon has two Police dispatch frequencies and they seem to function. Granted, the population is smaller but Hunterdon isn't Montana. Politics and individual sandboxes. Who pays? Taxpayer as usual

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Hunterdon actually has 4 police dispatch frequencies with a 5th one coming online soon.
Burlington County, Hunterdon, Ocean for the most part, Camden, Gloucester counties all have/use central dispatch systems. Hunterdon has two Police dispatch frequencies and they seem to function. Granted, the population is smaller but Hunterdon isn't Montana. Politics and individual sandboxes. Who pays? Taxpayer as usual

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

W2SJW

Database Admin
That will be for the PD's that cover the greater Flemington area (if I remember what I was told correctly).

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Back to the Bergen County thread

Oradell PD, dispatch by county now, simulcasting on their conventional 472 channel on county TG 1204
sounds like portables on trunk , mobiles on conventional
may be temporary as they had to vacate HQ/Town Hall due to mold/renovations or will they like the dispatch and keep the trunk...?

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Back to the Bergen County thread

Oradell PD, dispatch by county now, simulcasting on their conventional 472 channel on county TG 1204
sounds like portables on trunk , mobiles on conventional
may be temporary as they had to vacate HQ/Town Hall due to mold/renovations or will they like the dispatch and keep the trunk...?

Midland Park and Wyckoff started out that way on PD DISP 6 1206, when we switched. They were using portables on the system while they waited for mobiles to be installed and simulcated to 158.7825 at the time.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I understand that Box 54 (canteen) has be "given" a TG on the Bergen system.

Anyone know what the TG is?

Barney6

Premium Subscriber
I brought this question up last year in regards to Box 54. Bergen County TRS tg 1099. Search here for this discussion, it might answer your question. Chuck.

KC2zZe

There has been talk that Orange County will link their 7/800 MHz trunked system with Rockland's, through an ISSI bridge, once Orange's system is online. Does anyone know if Rockland's system will be linked into Bergen's through a similar technology, once Bergen's is up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.